ok I've hit my breaking point... vent time...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not just buy a 6S BLX. Tanks. You can run 4S and they still tear it up with no breakage unless you jump like crazy. I own 4 of the 6S BLX trucks, and they're all awesome. All I did was add dust guards and aluminum servo brace/holder.
Got way too much into my rc too sell I'm keeping this and eventually get a 6s
$500, but you're done.
Ya I wish I did buy a 6s. Now I've got a super fast 3s. With 4s electronics.

I can’t run my Arrma typhon 6s BLX for over 15 minutes before „game over, what happened!“. Had it for 3 weeks. Sorting out the issues one by one. Eventually it should be able to do 20 minutes.
1ABE09E2-5D10-40DA-AF2A-EC092B0D9E66.jpeg
02786132-BD7D-4AFB-99A8-857F474A748F.jpeg

Snap snap, crack crack, and popped 5 wheels. 4 where the originals which Arrma kindly exchanged on warranty. It will be great one day.

Last edited:
Well, again I am new here. But I have a Senton for my 6 years old son who beats the tar out of it. I broke a clutch assm. and motor plate. But that was after coming to a complete stop on full throttle and on 3s battery 50c. Dads fault..... He runs this thing till the battery goes dead and installs another one. He has gone through 4 sets of tires and one body over the last 2 months. I think this is pretty good in my book! I have been beating on my Notorious 6s and no problem except I would like a fan on the motor and servo. Which is on its way. The punch setting has been moved up to 7 and I will be replacing the wing soon.

Well, again I am new here. But I have a Senton for my 6 years old son who beats the tar out of it. I broke a clutch assm. and motor plate. But that was after coming to a complete stop on full throttle and on 3s battery 50c. Dads fault..... He runs this thing till the battery goes dead and installs another one. He has gone through 4 sets of tires and one body over the last 2 months. I think this is pretty good in my book! I have been beating on my Notorious 6s and no problem except I would like a fan on the motor and servo. Which is on its way. The punch setting has been moved up to 7 and I will be replacing the wing soon.
Why would you want a fan on the servo? 🤔

arrma should call their 3s lineup 2s. and warn people if they do run 3s that every fkn thing will break. first off they put a 7kg servo in a off road vechle second ...then they put open bearings on something that goes in dirt and water. third they put an esc that overheats in ten mins on 3s. plastic pivot balls don't last a week before they are so loose you can't even drive a straight line. but hey you can launch them 20 feet for 20 mins on YouTube . people buy these thinking they are going to last. bull crap. the only thing stock on my rig is the chassis and gears. and i bet they will be the next thing I change
One of the worst things you can do with an off road RC is rip it on a road. Off road trucks require some spin from the wheels as well as the slipper to prevent damage. I've had my Big Rock for a little over a year and thus far have broken a few (under 5) half shafts, a couple were 4s cut down to fit (My fault slipper was way too tight) 1 blown out wheel bearing and the motor had a bearing blow out (tried to get the outer race out and ended up pulling the winds off the stator (Surpass 3665 2300 KV in it now). I also recently replaced the link balls as well, but stuck with stock, yes they wear fast, but are relatively cheap, also the slop wasn't really noticeable to me for a little while (But they do slip off after s little time). Now I'm sure I play different from you, but that much carnage is a little excessive, with a I think 2 year warranty (maybe 1 year, sorry not sure), if you are having that much trouble they could either help or replace the vehicle.
The biggest issue as you stated, was I can't get it to drive straight. On that front, I've been working on alignment of the front wheels, stock mine had like 7-10* toe out and Punch was at 3 so it'd wheelie then set down and break dance (Literally dance). I have since changed the punch to 1 (check programming on youtube for some good how-to vids on it. I also noticed something else, that blown wheel bearing, Not sure how long it had blown out, I thought the heavy slop (especially the left front) was the plastic balls, but after changing them it didn't fix it. This was when I found the blown out bearing, it had been there long enough to melt the end of the steering block, but not sure how long. I bought winter evenings wheel bearing replacement set (4 inner and 4 outer) replaced them everything tightened up so hoping this next run (weather permitting tomorrow) will yield some results

BTW i have a V3 Big Rock and so far in it's life it has hit a tree (at about 40 MPH(right front arm) and a house at about 45 MPH (left front arm and wheel) and no part of the truck, other than half shafts (My fault) or bearings have broken. While there is things I don't like about them (3s Arrma's) I will say they are pretty tanky based on my bad driving and it surviving

Another thing (not judging), but throwing $1500.00 at something (a $330.00 RC car at the time I bought mine) and not fixing the issues, I'd have cut bait a long time ago

Last edited:
Back