Oh No! Did I buy the wrong Sirio .18?? HELP...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparrob

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just picked up a Sirio S-18TX-PTR Pull start motor to replace the tired TRX 2.5 in my T Maxx. The description said it already had a pull start and replaced the original T Maxx engine. I intend to use the EZ start electric starter.

After I got it I realized that Sirio also sells the S-18 TX 18 designed specificall to replace the 2.5 TRX. My concern is that the engine I got will not be a direct bolt-up.

I have a spare Pro .15 EZ Start system, so I'm not really worried about that. My concern relates to the engine mount, clutch and flywheel, or any other fitment issues.

Has anyone ever used this particular engine in a newer T Maxx with a 2.5? Is there anything I will need to replace to get this engine to work? Thanks alot.

Last edited:
hmmm.. well if it replaces the original t-maxx pro .15 engine its probably a side exhaust instead of a rear exhaust and it may have a rotary carb as well. the old maxxes has a short shaft like an RC10 gt and needed a pilot shaft to mount the flywheel. the motor mounts are the same though.

I believe that you got the one that is a replacement for the old Maxx. Engine mounts, flywheel and clutch shouldn't be a problem. I think the biggest difference/issue will be the carb. The old maxx used a rotary carb, the new one a slide. If I were you, I would take it back and get the one that is the best for your application. You could just reset the linkage to use the rotary carb, but why? The one you bought is also a little more expensive.

Both engines are rear exhaust, so that isn't an issue. Bottom line, yes it will work with some linkage modifications, but you might be better off returning it and getting the proper one

Several of us have done the conversion. Both engines are the same. One has a pull start and the other is minus it for bolting on the easy start. I ended up replacing the easy start with a pull start to reduce wieght. All of the stock 2.5 parts will bolt directly onto it. Did you get the big bore pipe for it? If not, lots more power.
....my 2 cents.