ofna rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodrob

not hotdogbob
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So here's the story with this rebuild...
I have a brother,he's gunna be 13 in a couple months,and I've basically been waiting his whole life for him to start wanting to hang out with me,well since this past summer we've been spending a lot of time together mostly fishing,..we talk about all kinds of stuff,..well he's seen a couple of my nitro rigs and he's been getting really interested,so I figured I would surprise the crap out of him and give him this buggy,..I totaled this buggy a couple years ago,it was an ofna ultra lx comp,now it's a mix of an lx2 and some of the older comp parts,...sadly it's not finished yet,some things went south for us this whole winter financially and I almost scrapped this whole rig but I just couldnt do it!...sold my other rc's and sold my guitar stuff instead!......hope he likes it!....
Last on the list is
#1- need a 1/8 pipe and header
#2 need a lid
#3 I tossed in an old am 27mhz but the more I think about it it's got bad news written all over it,so a 2.4 is in order...
Trying to post pics but it's just not working tonight,I will try again tomorow.....
If anyone has an 1/8 buggy pipe and header I would like to try and work out some kind of trade,all I have left to trade rc wise is some ofna buggy parts,some t-maxx parts and a few 1/10 pipes

Last edited:
If you haven't told him yet, just let him help you with the rebuild so you can teach him all about it. When it's done, that's when you hand it to him.

Rodger that, i haven't told him,..I'll take your advice bro,I'll let him finish it up with me when I aquire the rest of the parts I need, his birthday is in the end of march so I still have time on my side....

I was after a Werks 2068 pipe and found someone on eBay selling one as part of a box of a few other pipes. In it was a couple other pipes I was interested in so I went for it.

Included in the sale was what the seller described as a "possible clone 2068" and a weird looking "Extech" pipe that I recall is called a "big boy" pipe. Either way the header pipe is the same as the Werks. Couple small dents.
The "2068" clone has absolutely no lettering on it and is dented at the reinforced stinger from racing I presume. Aside from that, the welds, fuel nipple, size and shape exactly match that of my genuine Werks 2068 so I believe it is a well used genuine. I'll toss them both in a flat rate box with a matching header for 15 bucks to cover shipping and the drive to the post office if you want them :) Don't have any springs though.

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 230
Offer much appreciated,..if you still have it in 3-4 weeks I'll shoot ya a pm,...I know it's not a lot of money but I'm in a situation where I can't spend on anything...that means no gas for wheeling,no beer,and most importantly no rc stuff,ect

Completely understand. Let me know if you need them

Hmmm, must have a rare model missus then.

With my missus, I can do what I want, when and why I want, have a beer, indulge in expensive hobbies, go to 3 day shows and stay for the three days, go on 5 day trips, regular overnight trips and more besides.

I can pretty much do anything I want,the problem isn't her it's me,I'm between jobs and can only seem to find just so much side work "enough to pay bills" I quit my job and have been on the prowl for something with full benefits,pension,ect...finally found it after a long winter,..I start Monday at ups! Hours are gunna suck for a while but is what it is and it won't be forever so that's the story.....has nothing to do with my woman,I simply do not have the money,I chose to work a sesonal job and loved the time off in the winter but 10 years is long enough for all that bs,one summer I might make 30k and be fine for the winter but the next summer could be anything,.this winter was a tough one financially and I vowed it's the last time we would have to deal with it

Last edited:
dont file for divorce! when you finally get enough money to buy a 6 pack you have to give her 3 of them o_O

Lmao..that'll be the day I tell her they stared selling 3 packs

I'm just glad she actually doesn't like beer

I have the opposite problem.....

My missus keeps nicking my real ale!!

20150318_164527.jpg
Here it is....hope he likes it

Wow! That looks like a whole lot of fun right there. Nice work Rob.:thumbs-up: