OFNA PICCO 21 Tear Down parts I D

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankvee

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just bought a clean lookinmg ofna picco 21 made in Monza Italy. The block looks brand new only thing it does that I dont like is that at TDC it kind of sticks and is a little hard to get it to come around. It only does that at TDC. So I started to dissassemble the engine and what I am, seeing is that the connecting rod does not look like the one off of my old exact one. The connecting rod has a grove down the center an oiling hole where it connects to the crank shaft and at the top where the wrist pin goes has a number 6 engraved in it. Just below that it has a dot and at the bottom of it there is a 9 and below the 9 has a 98 or 9B. Is there any one out there that can give me any info on this CR? I'm okay working on nitro engines but do not have much experience on id internal parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Even though I have an OFNA picco .21 buggy that had that engine in it when it started its life it has looooong since passed from this world so I'm afraid I'm not going to be on any help.

Just bought a clean lookinmg ofna picco 21 made in Monza Italy. The block looks brand new only thing it does that I dont like is that at TDC it kind of sticks and is a little hard to get it to come around. It only does that at TDC. So I started to dissassemble the engine and what I am, seeing is that the connecting rod does not look like the one off of my old exact one. The connecting rod has a grove down the center an oiling hole where it connects to the crank shaft and at the top where the wrist pin goes has a number 6 engraved in it. Just below that it has a dot and at the bottom of it there is a 9 and below the 9 has a 98 or 9B. Is there any one out there that can give me any info on this CR? I'm okay working on nitro engines but do not have much experience on id internal parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

You want that to be hard to turn ,that is normal on a good engine!
If the piston goes all the way up to the top ,then you are in trouble!
The tightness is called good pinch!...:hehe:

You want that to be hard to turn ,that is normal on a good engine!
If the piston goes all the way up to the top ,then you are in trouble!
The tightness is called good pinch!...:hehe:
Yes of coarse I do understand that. I have a OFNA 10243 starter box that I use for my buggy and truggy. Before I dissassembled the engine it would not start this engine at all. All my other engines would fire up quickly. I had bought this engine on Ebay the add was for parts because it was missing the cooling head I'm thinking. I know what good pinch is so thats why I was asking about the connecting rod if it where possible it mite just be a little bit longer it seems to almost go up all the way about a 1/16 before the top of the piston sleave.

Yes of coarse I do understand that. I have a OFNA 10243 starter box that I use for my buggy and truggy. Before I dissassembled the engine it would not start this engine at all. All my other engines would fire up quickly. I had bought this engine on Ebay the add was for parts because it was missing the cooling head I'm thinking. I know what good pinch is so thats why I was asking about the connecting rod if it where possible it mite just be a little bit longer it seems to almost go up all the way about a 1/16 before the top of the piston sleave.

You can send it in to have it repinched for a descent price!..:thumbs-up:

These are the only 2 pics I could find that are supposed to be of Picco .21 con rods

s-l225.jpg

s-l500.jpg