Ofna Hyper 7, 8.5, or 9?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menashapede

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've been doing quite a bit of browsing here on the board as well as the web on these buggies.
I plan on getting back into nitro after a very long hiatus, though I have been running brushless 1/10 lately.
I have been looking at the Ofna Hyper 7, possibly RTR to upgrade later, the Hyper 8.5, and the Hyper 9.
The LHS handles parts, and supports the 7, but I don't know how well, as they steer towards electric mainly.
Seems the Hyper 7 would make sense, but it's been around a while, and maybe kinda dated?
That brings us to the Hyper 8.5, and 9, which are newer platforms, but I would have to order parts.
I will be mainly bashing and still have no idea whether I can find a track to race nitro at, yet.
I just want to make a good choice among these buggies based on an educated decision (and I need to be educated again) :hehe:
I was wondering if anyone could point out the pros and cons of each of these buggies, and maybe a little how and why, as well.
Thanks in advance...........

Nobody has any thoughts, pros, or cons?

I have a 9 2.0, but it's nitro and I haven't run it yet, so that's it. nothing to contribute.:D

team durango dnx408 lol

congratulations to team Durango:first_place:. They win the "most components a user can choose to upgrade on a single vehicle" award. Durango's pocket-books should be well padded as enthusiastic young drivers scramble to get the latest and greatest.

I say, keep it simple, keep it light. Of the one's you've listed, Hyper 9 is your best bet.

i have the picco it based on the 9.5 platform its a nice buggy its on its 12th tank just keeps getting faster i love it

Back