Ofna engine problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offspring47

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have had a 1/8 Ofna buggy in storage for the past couple of years. Decided to bust it out only to find I was having problems with the pull starter. At first, I thought the pull start was broken. After closer inspection I noticed there was a small pin that grabbed on the backplate. The pin was sitting flush in the engine so it wasn't able to get into the groove of the backplate.

So my question is, do I need to purchase an entirely new backplate (#52091) or can I just get that little pin somewhere?

Pics below of the groove in the backplate. The inside of the engine where the pin goes. The manual showing the part I am in need of. A picture of the engine. Thanks.

2011-08-12_21-29-50_318.gif

2011-08-12_21-29-35_889.gif

2011-08-12_21-30-13_786.gif

2011-08-12_21-29-06_359.gif

Do you have the pin? There is a spring deeper in the hole to push the pin out so it can grab the shaft for starting. Sitting for a ling time it may just be gummed up and need cleaning to function again. If you still need the part, a good hobby shop can get you just the pin and spring. I'm not sure about the online shops,you may have to special order from them.

I actually lost both the pin and the spring. When I took the back plate off they I know the spring fell on the floor. And I believe I sucked them up with a shop vac. Yeah, I know, dumb move!!

I was hoping to find it online. Anyone know any retailers that you can special order parts? Should I call Ofna?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back