OFNA BUGGY8 2 SPEED TRANSMISSION

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manolo762

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
HELLO, I JUST PURCHASED A BRAND NEW OFNA BUGGY8 .28 nitro and I am interested in installing a two speed transmission , would it fit from another Ofna car,I am new to this hobby and know very little. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanx!

What model is it?.....all the fastest buggies are running a single speed

I have a couple ultra lx comp buggies, I keep em single speed,so much less to go wrong with keeping the single speed,.....what is it you are trying to achieve?....a different cb and new clutch can go a long ways,fresh engine ect

Hello , I want fast acceleration and higer top speed, and the fun part of hearing the gears shift, thanx!

What engine are you using g current the force?...how much fuel has been run through it

I have not been able to start the engine, the engine is a force .28 , I just got the buggy today but I am interested in this two speed tranny just for fun

Last edited:
HELLO, I JUST PURCHASED A BRAND NEW OFNA BUGGY8 .28 nitro and I am interested in installing a two speed transmission , would it fit from another Ofna car,I am new to this hobby and know very little. Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanx!
Generally speaking Id say they probably arent compatible but the best way to find out would be to contact OFNAs tech support and ask them. They could probably tell you.

I understand ,I'm not trying g to shy you away from the 2 speed just simply passing on the info on what I know about the buggies, my lrp.28 buggie is seriously fast all the way through the powerband with the single speed,my .21 powered is almost faster being that the .28 breaks the tires loose at just about any speed

The 2 speed kits for the Older Ofna buggy's is different than the one for the later models. I don't think the older kit will fit the models Hyper 7, 8 and 9.5. You need to contact Ofna and ask them what kit number you need for your model. I have looked and I can not find a kit specifically for a Hyper 8. (which is what I have). I think the kit for the 7 might fit, but I'm not sure.

Hello, thanx for tour info!! I did call ofna, they said that they have no compatible two soeed tranny for the buggy 8, I also asked them for any hop ups available since I think the original plastic parts are weak , they told me that there is a brand named Team C that makes hop ups compatible with ofna, I havent been succesful in my search, I am new to this hobby and this buggy is my second nitro car , if you have any info or comments please share ! Thanks folks!!!

Let's focus on getting the engine fired up,...check all the electronics out to make sure it's all working properly, most importantly the throttle and break linkadge,pop off the air filter and make sure that at idle the carb opening is no more than 1 mm open with the electronics turned on,fresh fuel,new glow plug and a fully charged igniter