Ofna .26 picco VS. O.S. Max 21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondslayer

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for more power out of my revo, and am stuck on motor options. Looking for a good improvement. Driven these trucks for years from when the tmaxx first came out, I have experience driving so please keep the " keep driving it" comments to yourself, serious replies only please.

I like os they have a v spec .21 that puts out 2.48hp @33,000 rpm think that will give you what your looking for. In my opion that would be my choice its quality. Picco specs are 2.7hp @37,000 and is the same size as a.21. I just like os its your choice.

Last edited:
Both engines are a great choice. First the Picco will cost a bit less and still run just as good but needs a special mount for like $20. Now from what I have seen (I have the Picco) the OS has a bit more torque it seems but my .26 would walk away on a longer stretch on the track. All the torque was not really needed. Now there are also many other variables such as tuning and pipes on them too. I dig the Picco JL Red-dot....it is a toss up really. But for me...my money in on the Picco.

I like os they have a v spec .21 that puts out 2.48hp @33,000 rpm think that will give you what your looking for. In my opion that would be my choice its quality. Picco specs are 2.7hp @37,000 and is the same size as a.21. I just like os its your choice.

Is this the spec V your speaking of?
http://cgi.ebay.com/O-S-OS-MAX-21XZ...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a0da7deb7

It looks to be the most expensive that i've seen so far. I have an os .21 in my tmaxx now, so am looking for at least that as far as performance goes.

my $.02
I recommend the red dot only because its what i have and really like it! It needs to be matched with a big block pipe to run right.

I picked up the engine I posted above in the link, and have a pipe to match it.
I do also have a big pipe on my current motor, just have to tinker and see what fits/performs the best!

Back