Official RCNT Bash -- Hampton Roads Style Round 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Which date is better for you?

• September 4 - 5th

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • September 18 - 19th

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • October 9 - 10th

• Other (specify)

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was what Sky and I figured would be a blessing for the last bash, holiday weekend, but it proved that most members didn't like or couldn't make it for the holiday weekend which is why we came up with the idea of pick the date. It is rather odd that very few people are viewing this thread as well as very few votes too. Guess the "90%" sure has gotten people to think before they vote. Let's hope everyone who voted for a date will be able to attend.

My RC's have been getting ton of TLC that they've been desperately needing. I also ordered all of the parts minus 2 that need to be replaced or kept on hand for spares. The last 2 parts I am waiting on are Hardcore Ti chassis plates for the storm which I will order tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully the chassis plates will last longer than a day this bash.

I'm still pondering what to do for act 3. Both the AC and the K-3 have been heavily modified over this weekend and are standing by waiting to be called to do their duty unto death.... if need be....

As someone said before, host it and they will come. I'm starting to think...F' it. We get together and bash. We'll leave the location and time details here on the site. If anyone wants to join us, they are welcome. Those that don't will miss out.

Either way, as long as I am here the weekend of the 18th and 19th, I say we bash.

Sky, I don't think it is lack of interest as much as the date. It is right after the buffalo bash. I think the few hardcore traveling bashers can't do two trips within a month. Since I am not going to the Buffalo one, I would have liked to try and make it to yours, but my wife is due on Sept. 14th, so unfortunately it's a no go for me. But I know you guys will have a killer time no matter who shows up.

We did add another option of naming your own date and only one person has voted on that thus far. Anyway, like Sky said we're going to have our fun anyway regardless of whether anyone else shows up.

NC, you'd better start catching up on your sleep now because after the loaf is cooked and out of the oven sleep will be a thing of the past.

Yeah, I hear ya, this is my second, and man I aint looking forward to the up every two to three hour thing again.

That is fine NC, the September date should be far enough removed from the Buffalo Bash that anyone who couldn't make that one can see the fun and think about coming to ours.

Regardless, with your wife due I would never expect you to leave the area. That last month or so is a large enough red zone that anything could happen. I wouldn't want to be anywhere but at home for such an occasion. We'll just have to look for you in the Spring of the following year.

EP, it looks like we have all the feedback we are going to get with respect to a date. Let's cement that and start with the other details...like who is going to come, what they are going to bring with them, and any suggestions as to what they might like to see in the way of location.

I'm thinking the BMX track in Hampton is a lock for either or both days. BUT others might want some not so off road conditions to play with. I am certain we can get SkyLineRacer to come. He will most likely try and bring his buddy with him. This Marc fellow from Norfolk seems interested. You, Destructo, and I make a decent number. Then we can see about others.

For now...I think it is time to start calling it what it is and see who else chimes in as attendees.

Thoughts?

This Marc fellow that doesn't sound very nice.

don't forget me guys! I know ya'll don't know me but I'm really hoping to be able to make it to your bash.. my truck won't be done by the Buffalo bash and your date is more feasable (did I spell that right?) no promises but I'm workin on it...

I finally got the chance to check things out...Sept 18-19 sounds great. I won't be on very often, for a while. I got selected for CPO, and will be going through hell for the next 6 weeks. If there's anything important, drop me an email (it's listed). By the way, ALL military members are invited to the frocking on 16Sept.

marc0490 said:
This Marc fellow that doesn't sound very nice.

Sorry, no offense was intended. You are a new voice to the crowd. Please feel free to join us, because for certain you are most welcome to.

Russ Winn, congratulations on picking up Chief (E-7). Good luck through the initiation. Don't lose your charge book...ever. The rest will be made apparent by your "instructors."

I hear ya....we messed with someone a few years ago when they made it.
Anyway, Sept 17-18 may be the next time I'll get to run anything...looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back