Official RCNT Bash -- Hampton Roads Style 2005 (Looking for dates...)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazy Dave, I appreciate your interest, BUT I would like it if you discussed your "camp" thoughts elsewhere. This thread is about a BASH not a camp. It will be during the summer over a weekend (to allow for kids to potentially be out of school for the summer, adults to either be on vacation or able to travel over the weekend, and anyone else to make better arrangements). Continue to thread crap in my thread, and we'll have an issue.

Lessen, I'll look into those dates with respect to the Track's schedule. My schedule shows me in town both of those weekends.

Wow. Sorry Sky. didn't mean to crap on you thread. I wan't do it when i remember not to, I'm never again. My mom is fine with me going up on a weekend hope to see you guys there. Don't hert my sky, were cool were cool.

You name the date and two or three of us will be coming down from Richmond. Keep us posted.

Thats cool Scott! Keep in touch with us over the months.

if i can find a few peeps that want to come down with me i might come. But if not i wont be there cause if i go i wanna make it a road trip kinda (dont wanna drive 9 hrs by myself) id probobly end up strangling myself LOL.

ill see if i can talk psunitro into road tripping it with me. this is actually closer for us than the buffalo bash.

I have not seen a lot of action on this thread, and am quite frankly uncertain as to whether or not I will have the time to support a bash.

Believe me, I really, really, really want to host one. I haven't been able to run my buggies since the last bash (last year) and am dying to take them out and run them through their paces...BUT I am in a rather critical job during a rather critical cycle prior to a deployment which means I am going to be gone from home more often than I am actually at home.

This does not give me a whole bunch of time or freedom to put one of these together.

Here's what I need from you the members...I need a big old vote of confidence that you can or will attend. If I get enough interest, then I will see if I can shoehorn a bash into my already hugely busy schedule. I will knock the dust off the RCs long enough to run them for one wild weekend long bash.

The target window was orginally set for June. I will only be home for about three weeks in June (the first three). The next opportunity will be August (most of the month of August) and then I ship out for six months.

So let me know....and I'll see what I can do.

Looking at the Buffalo Bash...it looks like August might be tied up with that particular Bash. I am still game to host one during August should there be members closer to the Hampton Roads area and interested in making one happen. BUT I will not try and distract members from attending the Buffalo Bash...at least not too hard.

Damn, NYC is right in the middle of both bashes too! Great, now I gotta decide.

I wouldn't go as far as saying NYC in the middle. I might be wrong, but Buffalo seems to me a bit closer than Virginia Beach. If I had the time and ability, I'd truck up to the Buffalo Bash myself. I've missed it so far each year and it looks like a third will be missed.

Plus, as I said, I am not going to try and steal members away from that bash. The Buffalo Bash is a kicking great time. I wish I could offer the same night life entertainment that Chris and his wife have ponied up each year, but the reality of it is...the bashes down here are just plain crazy with day long dirt kicking and air getting RCs...the nights are usually spent putting the rides back together just to run the next day.

If you want to come down, Diver...please let me know. As I said, I am trying to determine whether or not there is sufficient interest to warrant the effort of putting one together. I do not have time to put together a bash for two people...and my bash crew has gotten substantially smaller. El Pirata and his buddies have all move on to other things or been shipped to Iraq. SkyLine Racer is busy growing up. That leaves me as a bash crew of one. :D

Well, drive time is pretty much the same. The only plus for me is family that I have down there. Unfortunately, I won't know if I will be able to attend either bash till about 2 weeks before because of work. Being self employed, my work flow comes and goes with the tide. Summer is the busy part of the work year for me with the hospitals for some reason. When a date is decided, I will at least be able to have a date to look towards a month before hand.

I won't be making it to anything in August with my baby on the way and all. sorry, guess I won't be making it to anything this year. :thumbdown

Hey Guys I'm From Norfolk And Was Wondering If Any Of You Guys Do Touring Cars. Really Trying To Find Electric Touring Cars. Would Like To Find Someone Who Wouldnt Mind Helping Me Out Til I Get My Feet Off The Ground And I Have A Real Good Idea What I'm Doing. I Just Got Into Touring Since I Sold My Savage

Sorry folks...not enough interest this year. Guess the Buffalo Bash is gonna take it.

Maybe next year when I return from deployment. but for now...the Hampton Roads Style Bash will be a cancel.

-SkyMaxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back