Off-road Track Border

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BsudRC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Building an off-road Track and I'm needing some ideas on Border. I've been looking at the 4" Corgated pipe but it's so expensive especially if I outline the whole track. Just wondering if there's anything cheaper I could use?

Building an off-road Track and I'm needing some ideas on Border. I've been looking at the 4" Corgated pipe but it's so expensive especially if I outline the whole track. Just wondering if there's anything cheaper I could use?

Pool noodles?

Dirt?

Just make a berm along the outside edge?

At my old place, when the boys were younger, I used corrugated pipe on the inside and dirt on the outside.

UCeP4nf.jpg

azKuk9a.jpg

You said you got to clear a area. Use tree trunks branches on straights. And the pipe on the turns, Or dirt burms for the turn.

Or you could use painted 2x4's, bricks, stones. Foam boards cut into strips. I can go on and on

Logs cut into short pieces and stacked on end with a berm built up against them would be a cheap alternative.

You said you got to clear a area. Use tree trunks branches on straights. And the pipe on the turns, Or dirt burms for the turn.

Or you could use painted 2x4's, bricks, stones. Foam boards cut into strips. I can go on and on
The problem there is that thing he cleared with chewed all that up, So didn't have many tree logs at all. But now I do have a whole pile of old cedar logs piled up from trees I cut few years ago. Those logs are probably 12-24" long. I could definitely use those as far as they would go especially in the straights.

Pvc pipe? Old fire hose? Thats what my old tracks used, but those were both indoor carpet.
I was thinking about rubber hose like something we would use for like a sump pump or pluming, but that looks like what you already have.

Pvc pipe? Old fire hose? Thats what my old tracks used, but those were both indoor carpet.
I was thinking about rubber hose like something we would use for like a sump pump or pluming, but that looks like what you already have.
Only thing with PVC is it will not bend around the Turns. It would work on the Straights though.

Back