oddest tunnig issue i ever exprienced

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrus3727

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i own a revo 3.3 just broke it in by manuel everything went fine. i noticed on factory settings with outdoor temps between 35-45f it runs hot between 280 and 300. i double checked and the HSN and LSN are set to factory. if i try to tune the motor richer it just bogs and has no pick up, altho running the motor at factory setting and thos temps it runs perfecto, plenty of smoke and nice steady rev up. the whole revo is stock setup. can anyone please help me. thank you also the guy at traxxas support said not to worry its fine as long as theres smoke. but i dunno...

hmm very wierd my 2.5r kinda does the same thing it runs at 250 which is not hott by factory standards but i like to run all my engines around 220 but it runs great with lots of smake and the glow plug is that paper bag brown

check ur glow plug see if that indicates it white is hott black is rich paper bag brown is perfect

yup it is could my lsn be causing an overheat somtime it does just die at idle i mean cold turkey dead not rev up or down just dead

odd its set to factory ill try tomorow hope it works
thank you, but can a lsn cause overheating if I'm runing it mid to full the whole time.

Last edited:
odd its set to factory ill try tomorow hope it works
thank you, but can a lsn cause overheating if I'm runing it mid to full the whole time.

Yes the LSN is contributing to the overall amount of fuel that is being delivered to the engine even at wide open throttle.

you're in NJ...it's pretty cold right now...colder outside temps you SHOULD be richening the mixture (HSN or LSN depending on siuation).....cold air carries more O2 than warm in air in a given volume.....

Yes the LSN is contributing to the overall amount of fuel that is being delivered to the engine even at wide open throttle.

The HSN does that. The LSN is for idle-about 1/3 throttle. Which is why you get it running, then adjust your HSN first. Then tweak the LSN for the idle/off the line punch.

Back