odd carb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
After a tank of gas, there is some gas boiling in the neck of the carb. How do i fix this or is it normal?

Also after a tank of gas its like 15 mins before it will star agian. How do i fix this?

bandit

sounds kinda like ur engine is running lean, on the hot side. try riching it up a bit.

later

It sounds fine and temp is right at 210 so i dont think its lean but i will try in the morning

Don't let it run empty. Fill it before it dies.

This happens with most engines. If your running around 210, the engine should be fine. I've noticed it happening more on engines that have an all aluminum carb as opposed to a composite or graphite carb.

I noticed this quite a bit on my OS 15 cv-r(x) engine. It had a full alluminum carb. If I kept it running and didn't let it die, I could run it all day. But once it died, I had to let it cool down to about 120-130 before it would start easily.

On one of my current trucks, I have a composite carb body but an aluminum carb barrol and throat (Omega 21 Comp). It doesn't boil on me like my other engine (Orion wasp 18).