O.S CV-r in a gt plus?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroman88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
will a cv-r fit directly into a rc10gt plus because they offer a rc10gt team that has a cv-r in it so i was wondering if it would fit like the team version?

also how much more power would it give me? speed? reliablitly?

I dont see why it wouldnt fit. And as for speed what engine are you running now???

i am ordering the gt plus but i want to no because thast the engine i was planning on putting in it after the stock one was done. the one that comes with it is a thunder tiger .15 i dont think its very powerful but i saw a guy running a plus today and it had lots of acceleration and pretty good speed.

The CV-R will smoke that engine:D I'm running a CV-RX.15 in my gt and it makes more power then I need. But there some things you can do to make it run better like port match the header and I like stiffer springs then the stock ones that came on my gt.

ok thanks but will the cv-rx .15 fit directly in the gt?

You will need to cut the crank to size but other then that it fits right in.

And most good LHS will cut it for you. thats if you buy the engine from them.

do you mean crank as in cutting the crank chaft because its too long or what? I'm not new to nitro but I've never done any engine modifying

Thats just what I mean. Its not hard to do but if you have never done it now would be the time to learn. Or I should say when you get your new engine would be the time to learn. When your ready to do it let us know and one of us will walk you through it step by step.

ok thanks a bunch. if i buy it from the lhs ill ask if they will cut it for me but if i dont buy it from them or they wont cut it then ill be sure to ask one of you guys. i probably have the right maschines because i have a lot of tools and machinery in my basement.

Seems like I saw a short shaft version of the .15cvr somewhere. I know they have one for the .12cvrx.

After you break the engine in and get used to driving the GT, take the carb restrictor out (it's the little white piece of plastic). It will give you a little extra ooomph.

yes they do i just saw it in the tower magazine, they have a cv-r with pullstart short crank and a .15 but the 15 is 219.00 dollars verse 120 so i think ill be going with the cv-r .12. the .15 is more of a high perfomance engine as listed int eh magazine. I'm sure glad they make a short shaft one lol saves me alot of work!

Its not alot of work to cut the crank, its only about 5 min time and your done. And the .12 is also a high performance engine they are both race engines.

i understand that. thats why I'm getting the .12 short when i get a new engine because it will boost my car up. the .15 short is alot more money but i wouldnt spend 219.00 on a engine so ill go with 119.00 engine. i would cut the shaft but as i said i dont like engine motifying at all, i will tinker with the chasis parts but i like to leave the engines alone hehe. and i dont have a old engine to practice on because i got into rc planes 7 years agao and rc cars and boats 2 years ago. my plane was bought 4 years ago and I've hardly ran it so i wouldnt have a practice engine. id just soon leave a brand new engine alone. but thanks a bunch on the infromation I'm always up to learning something new!