O.S. .21TM in orginal tmaxx..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k5floyd

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i am rebuilding my original tmaxx and finially settled on the OS .21TM. what all do i need to make it fit? just new bulkheads or do i need a big block chassis too? also what tuned pipe should i use with it? and i aleady plan on the needed drivetrain upgrades required to handle the .21

well changed my mind again to the ofna picco .26 max as it is much cheaper. what is the difference between the max and the max red dot?

go to towerhobbies.com

Picco.26 max = 2.5 hp
Red dot max = 2.7 hp
the difference is $50

IMO go with the Picco .26 maxx and save $50

ok. what all will i need to make it fit in an original tmaxx? and what pipe should i run with it?

wellllllll,,,
i stand corrected,,,

The picco .26 was on sale in the month of January for $162, it is no longer on sale,,, it is now $199
And the Picco .26 red dot is $209, for $10 get the red dot!!!!

Also you should get a THS pipe

You will need the engine mount, it is $17
and thats it, good to go

A better pipe will help. Converting the trans to a 3.3 trans/spur/cb assembly would make it hold up better. At least dumping reverse and getting a FOC probably would be a wise idea.

I found on the old school Maxx the right rear shock contacts the header....working on a fix for this on mine that I threw a .26 Picco Maxx in.

what header should i use with this motor. also it looks like the header would contact the shock like mentioned. what is done to fix this? I'm trying to figure out what all i need to make it fit so i can order parts. thanks

It uses a stock header but I am going to have to shave down the shock tower to get the one shock in......looks like it is going to be a PITA. Should have gotten an extended chassis or stuck with my .18 TM but I just wanna the power! It is a sickenss. There is no cure....and you are exposed.

hey fricken joey buy my BB chassis youll no longer have that issue man. hey ill pay for the shipping for a friend

what about putting a small spacer between the engine mount and engine to raise the engine slightly thus raising the header slightly?

couple more questions.. are the 2.5 and 3.3 headers the same? if not i would asume the 3.3 header is the one i need? also after looking there are several different ths pipes some specifically for the tmaxx other for any vehicle some with header and some with out. also being that the ofna picco .26 max motor is much larger I'm unsure which header/pipe to get. so which pipe should i get?

the 2.5 and 3.3 headers are the same

ok that make things much easier thanks

yeah i have a 2.5 header on my 3.3 and it still works

I just put mine right in... I haad to drill the chassis for a post (throttle) and thats really it

I shaved down the post on mine so the spur gear does not contact it. I am determined to make this work....lol

Back