O.S. .18TZ(P) 11k in tmaxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calmlikeabomb

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
is this possible cause i got the engine off ebay for cheap and i need to install a starter on it and flywheel and clutch, please help me cause i hear this is a pissin engine

What's the 11k for?

Is it a pull start or bump start engine? Is the maxx a 2.5 maxx or a .15 maxx? Is the carb a rotary or slide?

Sorry for all the questions, but without answers it's hard to say. I have a feeling you might have a hard time getting an exhaust header that will work without spending some dough on the OS one made for the 18TM for a maxx.

Your going to need a starter shaft ($12), backplate ($13), crankshaft for pull-starter ($43) and a pull-starter with OWB ($35).

So, the $120 engine + $93 of other stuff to use it.

i found all my starting needs at tower hobbies, and figured it would be around 81 dollars for the parts you named off, now all i need is flywheel, and clutch. could you help me on finding those parts for this engine.. i'm sure this is gunna be a fun truck when i'm done with it, i had the 3.3 engine prior to this but sold it to buy the O.S.. the 3.3 was giving me tuning problems.

so i should get the 3.3 flywheel and a hardend clutch for the 3.3?

nope didn't fit.. selling it and geting a O.S. .18 TM

whats the difference betwen tm and tz?

Back