Ntc3 clutch engages at too low rpm

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justamattd

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How do I adjust the clutch so it engages at a higher rpm? The way it's set , and the traction of my tyres ... Seems I hook way too good and am weak starting off.. I'm sure the adjustment will help a lot I'm just not sure how To do it... And if there is too much will it burn it up faster or is having it engage early gonna cause it to slip faster?.? I have the nitro tc (it may have been a rtr once but the guy at the shop calls it a tc4 I dunno what other than some hop ups is any difference .. I do have the 2 speed if that has anything different to do with adjusting... Getting me off the line faster is the goal..I'd like to get to just out of control if I just dumped it.. If its even possible with a .12

could you get some pictures up of engine set up to see what type of clutch system using, my ntc3 i upgraded the clutch to a centax which could adjust bite point easily.

Stiffer spring(s). Loosen slipper a bit?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

would be stiffer springs but need to know exact engine an clutch set running, ntc3 don't use slipper :hehe:

Its the stock ae. .12 Ill have to get a pic ..

---------- Post added at 1:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:14 AM ----------

2 speed

would be stiffer springs but need to know exact engine an clutch set running, ntc3 don't use slipper :hehe:

Oops right lol.

---------- Post added at 1:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:18 AM ----------

Yeah depending on clutch turning shoes around may help too but it will engage much harder once it does.

Its the stock ae. .12 Ill have to get a pic ..

---------- Post added at 1:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:14 AM ----------

2 speed

ok if all stock but the version 2 rear end, i'll upgrade the entire clutch set up for a 3 pin flywheel & 3 shoe clutch with firm springs :)

(it may have been a rtr once but the guy at the shop calls it a tc4

If its a nitro, it's a 3. It's either a V1 or V2 which can be determined by rear setup. V1 had turnbuckles at the very rear end of chassis. V2 is pillowball. (someone correct me if I'm wrong?) The tc4 and up were all electric to my knowledge.

-NB

Back