nother revo mod, tekno boxes and 250cc tank.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
had the tekno boxes, came accross a tank really cheep, so i figured i might as well put the stuff on there....

tekno rx box and batt box saves weight, and 250cc tank will make it run practicaly forever! (clamed 20+ run times with bigblocks)

rx box is big enough to fit a micro rx, big failsafe, switch, and all the wires.

heres the pics!
DSC01856.gif

DSC01860.gif

DSC01859.gif

DSC01858.gif

DSC01857.gif

Looks good, but that radio box doesn't look water tight at all. :(

-Michael

Neat..been wan tin g to get this one........did you have to retune the rig at all using the bigger tank??

Talon

havent ran it yet, i wouldnt think so though, maby a small bit..

Looks like the fuel tank is kinda out in the open. I have been debating this mod for my revo. Is there a skid plate that goes under it?

havent found a skid, wish it had one...

i run an illusions body and it fits very snug on the tank, but its super thick so i dont think it will get hurt. ill let you know soon!

i got the tank from a user on another forum (revo forum, NOT traxxas!) its a tank for the hyper one seven. its 250cc's

does all of the stock radio stuff fit in there or do you half to get read of some stuff ??????????

no. the reverse setup, and modual will have to be removed, most people do the foc anyway, so this isnt a problem, however the rx box is pretty big. the rx, (micro 2 ch airtronics) switch, and failsafe all fit.

i changed this up a bit, used a different tank. the 250 was to big, the cap seal leaked, and the truck would lean out in high speed corners.

here are some pics with a mbx5-t tank, it fits WAY better, and its about 160cc's. still big enough..

DSC02049.gif

DSC02050.gif

DSC02048.gif

yea i guess i spelled it wrong, module (sp)?? ether way olds is right, the optidrive unit.

to do the 250cc tank mod w/ Tekno RX/battery box? Probably. I just put it on my revo (the tekno parts, stuck with the stock tank). the box itself is REALLY big (much larger than I thought it would be) you may be able to stick the optidrive in there, if you picked up a smaller reciever than the stock. I'm runnin a HiTech XXL 2-channel reciever, and theres PLENTY of room in the box can't say for sure if you used a 3-channel reciever tho.

Mike

could it possible to put it out side of it also i was gonna go with the stock tank

Sweet mods on the Revo. If you have some aluminum sheet and a dremel, you could probably fab up a skid-plate for the tank. Just use some Shoe Goo to hold it to the tank....

most people remove the optidrive when they do the foc, no reverse = optidrive.