Not running

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forrest11gump

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm sure you guys get this question a lot but... I can't get my nitro to start anymore. It sat for a month or so waiting for new parts. Anyways it won't run. The glow plug and igniter work fine. It's getting gas in the lines but I don't think it's going past that. If I pour fuel into the carb it will crank and run wide open for a second only to knock off. What is that? Thanks in advance

Not running?
RUN, Forrest, RUN!!!!

You're needles are clogged with old, gummed up fuel. You'll need to take them out and clean them and reset them.

Try resetting the carb needles to factory and then try to start it. If it doesn't, try to prime the carb by cranking the engine while keeping the exhaust stinger covered with a finger.

If that doesn't do it, try disassembling the carb and soaking the parts in clean fuel for a few hours. Then reassemble it.

I've tried the factory settings. And I always prime the motor before I start it. I'll let you know after the soaking in gas for a while

Cleaning with lacquer thinner is fastest, but new fuel, as hamz suggested will also do it. Don't soak the O-rings in the thinner.

Ok I did all that still no good. Could it be that I'm using a AA battery glow plug igniter. Is it not making the plug hot enough?

Is that enough glow?

abapare7.jpg

When u say not running what exactly is happening. Before you start messing around with it too much--it might be a very easy fix. Give details and we can help you solve.

Back