Non Runner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dev

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, basically i bought my first nitro car a while ago (HB Lightning Stadium 10 Sport) and I put about 3L of fuel through it. I then haven't used it for the winter and it would seem i forgot to put after run oil in it? :S Went to try and start it today and I'm getting nothing... any suggestions? :\ (By the way I'm not very up to speed with this all so don't expect too much from me ;) )
Thanks

Is the engine turning freely? Have you removed the glow plug and checked to see that it glows on the igniter?

Hey thanks for the response. I managed to get it started, dug out a old glow plug.. But it is only starting for about 2-3 seconds then croaking and cutting out? tried numerous times, do i have to fiddle about with the little screw controlling fuel to air mixture, if so how do i set it? :) thanks

If you have your manual check to see what the factory settings are and set your needles using those directions. Once you get it running, follow the tuning flow chart at the top of this section.

Did you leave any fuel sitting in it during that time you didnt play with it? If so you may have gummed up the internals and it may just need a good disassembly and cleaning.

Ok now after spending a fair while on it, i think I've got it going ok, after taking it off the bench and putting it on the grass, it would seem the servo does not seem to be working to full capacity? front wheels hardly move? :/ I touched the inside of the cooler with the glow plug, it would appear that the servo still can fully function would you say its the controller? I will attach a picture of the servo soon if that helps. Thanks
http://pic.twitter.com/LmcVdwvl

Last edited:
Put all new batteries in the car and the controller a few minutes before i tried it :(

Stock servos aren't always strong enough to turn the larger wheels while standing still. if it will turn while there is no weight on it then it may be okay until you can get something better.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm just going to take it down to my local shop for a service! :)

Back