Nomad db8

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ianb171

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know where I can get some front upper arms and a roll cage for the team associated nomad db8.
Cheers
Ian

Scour the interwebs, and patience.

The DB8 was doomed from get go as far as parts support goes. I don't know the exact timeframe, but the Nomad DB8/RC8 parts were on backorder not too long after the DB8 platform was introduced. A few months goes by, while waiting for shipment of parts to hit the US market, and I get emails stating parts shared between the RC8 platforms are discontinued. Hearing that, and seeing Team Associated still selling the relatively new Namad, I decided to sell my RC8.2eFT, because it pissed me off that Team Associated was offering/selling an RC with parts being discontinued.

I also was on a "notify me when parts become available" list, for many months, for my SC10/T4 platforms. Then I get emails stating parts for the "4" series platforms are discontinued as well. Luckily, for me, I started hoarding parts years before, because I was in deep with multiples of each truck and I plan to run them for next two decades, or so (my best guess as to when my supply runs out). I wasn't too deep with my RC8 buggy, and told myself I was not going to hoard parts for RCs anymore...moved on to another brand that had new buggy being released.

A couple of years ago, I used to be in a couple of FB groups involved with the RC8 platforms. I was enlightened of a podcast where Team Associated talks about their (and a couple of other brands) manufacturer of parts went bankrupt, and all the tooling for parts went bye-bye. It was something like that. I can't remember the exact words.

Gook luck in your quest.

O
Scour the interwebs, and patience.

The DB8 was doomed from get go as far as parts support goes. I don't know the exact timeframe, but the Nomad DB8/RC8 parts were on backorder not too long after the DB8 platform was introduced. A few months goes by, while waiting for shipment of parts to hit the US market, and I get emails stating parts shared between the RC8 platforms are discontinued. Hearing that, and seeing Team Associated still selling the relatively new Namad, I decided to sell my RC8.2eFT, because it pissed me off that Team Associated was offering/selling an RC with parts being discontinued.

I also was on a "notify me when parts become available" list, for many months, for my SC10/T4 platforms. Then I get emails stating parts for the "4" series platforms are discontinued as well. Luckily, for me, I started hoarding parts years before, because I was in deep with multiples of each truck and I plan to run them for next two decades, or so (my best guess as to when my supply runs out). I wasn't too deep with my RC8 buggy, and told myself I was not going to hoard parts for RCs anymore...moved on to another brand that had new buggy being released.

A couple of years ago, I used to be in a couple of FB groups involved with the RC8 platforms. I was enlightened of a podcast where Team Associated talks about their (and a couple of other brands) manufacturer of parts went bankrupt, and all the tooling for parts went bye-bye. It was something like that. I can't remember the exact words.

Gook luck in your quest.
K. Cheers
Found some 3d printed parts in the US. But nothing in the UK. Maybe buy a whole one for spares