nitrous bottle wat?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustler10

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey i saw these little blue bottles i can't remember who it was made buy but it looked leika boost system n oen know wat they are and where i can find one

i thougt about puttin one on and no using it because it would look so pimp. I decieded id rather not have to tap a hole in my carb though...

Yeah I would stay away from the N2O like the plague! All it really does is lean your engine way out to the point that it destroys it. It does the same thing as the supercharger but even more so. What is so pimp about N2O any way? Its like saying that I didnt have enough money to auctually make real new BHP so I just stuck this bottle in my trunk that gives me the BHP I want so I can just burn more gas while going down the highway and destroy my engine at the sdame time. People with N2o are not cool, they are just stupid.

And WHAT has an H in it!

I have seen one that replaces the pin that holds the carb on with a hallow pin with a built in fitting. No tapping. dont know where i saw it though.

ADDAndy said:
Yeah I would stay away from the N2O like the plague! All it really does is lean your engine way out to the point that it destroys it. It does the same thing as the supercharger but even more so. What is so pimp about N2O any way? Its like saying that I didnt have enough money to auctually make real new BHP so I just stuck this bottle in my trunk that gives me the BHP I want so I can just burn more gas while going down the highway and destroy my engine at the sdame time. People with N2o are not cool, they are just stupid.

And WHAT has an H in it!

I'm sorry, but speed is speed. Who cares if you spend $5 or $3000 to get speed? Yeah, i'd rather have a turbo or supercharger, but speed is speed regardless of how much money you spend.

I just think nitrous has got a bad rap since fast and furious. It's cheap so people think they can just go out and use it and have no idea what it's about or how to use it right. Those are the people that get pissed cuz they blow their engine.

If you use nitrous properly, you "shouldn't" blow your engine. And you know, there's a lot of people out there who manage to easily blow their engines running a turbo or supercharger. It's just the way you setup the system.

Maybe you should goto the drag strip with the 10 second pros in FWD with nitrous and tell them they're gay and shouldn't use nitrous. And what about the 6 second V8 dragster with nitrous, you gonna do the same? How bout you start a campaign to ban nitrous systems because they don't cost enough for how much speed you get out of it?

but wouldnt it be nice to know your power is always on tap. and not... oh crap i might loose my bottle might not be full

ADDAndy said:

And WHAT has an H in it!

Not all N20 systems are used for the purpose you state above. I have a N20 Intercooler system on my Audi to cool the intake temp and also have the N20 system to spool up my turbo (my car suffers from turbo lag due to the size of the turbo and amount of back pressure needed to spool it up). My N20 system only engages at WOT in a very specific range specifically to NOT blow up my engine or harm other critical parts of my engine. In any event, for pure bang for the buck N20 is a rather cheapy way to strap on some serious horsepower.

i had nitrous on my pro sedan vw and you have to know how to set it up along with the jetting,i also had it on my 77 chevy pick up with a 468 nothing is wrong with nitrous but i dont see much point in putting it on a small nitro engine in which temps and tuning is always big issues

RustlerDood said:
Not all N20 systems are used for the purpose you state above. I have a N20 Intercooler system on my Audi to cool the intake temp and also have the N20 system to spool up my turbo (my car suffers from turbo lag due to the size of the turbo and amount of back pressure needed to spool it up). My N20 system only engages at WOT in a very specific range specifically to NOT blow up my engine or harm other critical parts of my engine. In any event, for pure bang for the buck N20 is a rather cheapy way to strap on some serious horsepower.

How many times does your car engine hit WOT? I have only been driving for 2 months but during that time my engine has never went above 4000 RPMs and I don't accerate slowly.

kwong2001 said:
I'm sorry, but speed is speed. Who cares if you spend $5 or $3000 to get speed? Yeah, i'd rather have a turbo or supercharger, but speed is speed regardless of how much money you spend.

I just think nitrous has got a bad rap since fast and furious. It's cheap so people think they can just go out and use it and have no idea what it's about or how to use it right. Those are the people that get pissed cuz they blow their engine.

If you use nitrous properly, you "shouldn't" blow your engine. And you know, there's a lot of people out there who manage to easily blow their engines running a turbo or supercharger. It's just the way you setup the system.

Maybe you should goto the drag strip with the 10 second pros in FWD with nitrous and tell them they're gay and shouldn't use nitrous. And what about the 6 second V8 dragster with nitrous, you gonna do the same? How bout you start a campaign to ban nitrous systems because they don't cost enough for how much speed you get out of it?

On a drag strip the main goal is to go faster. Also dragsters can replace their whole engine after every run. I did not say or think that it is stupid or gay to run N2O on a drag strip. What I am saying is that it is stupid to run N2O on a road legal car where you are limited to only go at a top speed of 80.

ADDAndy said:
Ho many times does your car engine hit WOT? I have only been driving for 2 months but during that time my engine has never went above 4000 RPMs and I don't accerate slowly.

On a drag strip the main goal is to go faster. Also dragsters can replace their whole engine after every run. I did not say or think that it is stupid or gay to run N2O on a drag strip. What I am saying is that it is stupid to run N2O on a road legal car where you are limited to only go at a top speed of 80.

Well obviously you haven't been driving long. Not everyone goes the speed limit. And not everyone just drives to go somewhere, there are a lot of people that street race. You might see someone on the freeway and just race (and if you have nitrous, you have the option to use it ;)). Now, i'm not saying it's right to street race, personally i don't race, but i'm not gonna act like people don't. And btw, 80mph really isn't that fast. Hell i did 85-90mph when i was coming back home just now.

And just for your information, there's a lot of cars that can do well over 120mph...Subaru WRX/STI, Integra GSR/Type R, Mustang GT etc. Hell, my nissan sentra with 110hp did 119mph (governed).

Also there's plenty of guys who have 11 or 10 second cars that are street legal, who have nitrous and run their car only at the track. So to say that it's just for non-streetlegal cars just tells me your's misinformed.

Hell... my 98 grand marquis with a 4.6 in it can do 120 before I hit the governer... maybe I should through some NOs at it? Nothing like blowing a beamer away in the stretch driving home from work in my "old man car"... man, I love my car!

98gmarqueedriver.JPG

More like a nice set of dual exhausts...

Last edited:
ADDAndy said:

And WHAT has an H in it!

Not to be a dink, but thats one of the dumbest things I've heard. It might be correct for R/c's but for autos its waaayyy off. (Ill agree I'm not a fan of "Juiced" ricers) I have a 350 that is all set up race ready that is putting out 450+ ponies. As any car guy knows, thats ALOT of horsepower for a 350 and you can't get much more power out of it. But the lower half has been built to the T, and with a 100 Shot of N20 I can get more ponies. So is that wrong? a motor is pushed to the limits, but is possible to get more ponies by adjusting the fuel mixture with n20 and getting more out of it?? What would you do??? hmmm....

And also, when done correctly N2O will not hurt or put any strain on a motor, that is if its built right. Now if you have just a stock b18 with nothing done to it, and threw the juice on it, it wouldnt be good, and would blow up before you could say "I Love Rice!!"

ADDAndy said:
How many times does your car engine hit WOT? I have only been driving for 2 months but during that time my engine has never went above 4000 RPMs and I don't accerate slowly.

So would you buy a car that the max speed is 75?? Probably not. Its a guy thing to know theres more power there than needed. Now if they made a R/c speed limit of lets say 40mph would you leave your motor stock still?? Would you only make build it up to go the 40mph and not a mph over?? Probably not. Beefing up a engine is beefing up a engine, weather its Rc's, on orad off road, drag strip, or street.

Ok, I agree that when done right N2O will not put hardly any extra strain on the motor. But, by beefing up the engine to make it N2O safe you make the cost of N2o go way up. If done right N2o can be cool and sometimes functional on the street and always functional on the drag strip. N2O is like the spinner wheels. On most cars that I've seen at least the spinners are on rusty steel wheels on a rusty car that will barely run. But on some cars the spinners look super badass. N2O is the same way IMO. N2O is not always bad especially if your engine is already maxed out. Putting N2O on a diesel is a completely different story though. Since the diesels are already built pretty strong then they can handle a decent N2O, and the extra power given by it helps when pulling something. N2O is good the main thing have against it is all the 16-17 year olds w/ their Honda Civics who act like their the poop w/ them. I will prolly stick N2O in my car one day, but it will be a muscle car if I do and not a I-4 Civic(I am not saying the Civic is a POS!)
Now about the power. I love power, it is good. Their is nothing wrong with having 600 BHP in your daily driver, thats one of the reasons muscle cars rock. I did say that it was unecessary. I did underrate the top speed on the road and I do know that almost everybody drive above 80 during all times e/c the rush hour. Speed and power are good, if for nothing more than just bragging rights. :cheers: :) :cheers:

ill have to disagree with the nitrous will not put any strain on your motor if built right,when nitrous is activated it raises the cyilinder pressures to extreme levels and puts alot of strain on :pistons, rods, bearings,etc. i could get 20 runs on my vw engine 2276 before i need to change the bearings it is well built carrilo rods wiesco pistons, billet steel cylinders,with nitrous 10-12 rod bearing need to be replaced i had my sedan doing 10.90's with out nos and 10.50 with its puts ton of strain on the engine cylinder pressure is the killer and withour froged pistons bye bye...not going to last real long

ADDAndy said:
Ok, I agree that when done right N2O will not put hardly any extra strain on the motor. But, by beefing up the engine to make it N2O safe you make the cost of N2o go way up. If done right N2o can be cool and sometimes functional on the street and always functional on the drag strip. N2O is like the spinner wheels. On most cars that I've seen at least the spinners are on rusty steel wheels on a rusty car that will barely run. But on some cars the spinners look super badass. N2O is the same way IMO. N2O is not always bad especially if your engine is already maxed out. Putting N2O on a diesel is a completely different story though. Since the diesels are already built pretty strong then they can handle a decent N2O, and the extra power given by it helps when pulling something. N2O is good the main thing have against it is all the 16-17 year olds w/ their Honda Civics who act like their the poop w/ them. I will prolly stick N2O in my car one day, but it will be a muscle car if I do and not a I-4 Civic(I am not saying the Civic is a POS!)
Now about the power. I love power, it is good. Their is nothing wrong with having 600 BHP in your daily driver, thats one of the reasons muscle cars rock. I did say that it was unecessary. I did underrate the top speed on the road and I do know that almost everybody drive above 80 during all times e/c the rush hour. Speed and power are good, if for nothing more than just bragging rights. :cheers: :) :cheers:

That's a very general statement. You know, if you wanna go fast no matter what kind of application, you'll have to build the engine. You supercharge or turbo an engine, if you wanna really get some good horsepower, you'll have to do some serious mods to the engine. And you know, even the 600hp v8 engines are fully built ;)

Personally, i see nothing wrong with putting nitrous on a stock civic. Just as long as you don't run like a 100 shot then you shouldn't blow up the engine. You really just can't run a lot like you can if it was a built engine. But regardless, if someone's doing 13's with nitrous while running a 4 cylinder, as long as he does it right and has a built engine, then you shouldn't be hating on him for it. It's only when it's some guy who as no idea what he's getting into should you hate on him.

no I dont hate on ricers. I actually am friends with alot of them. Maybe I came off wrong in the last post. To me, it seems like a waste to build up a 4 banger. Just my opinion. Yeah I know they can get them hella fast, but it cost ALOT more to get 400 ponies outta a 4 banger than it does to a V8. One of my friends has a Civic that is pushing out 410 horsepower and is Hella fast! But thats also like 10g's later (and thats conservative) where out of my 350 my last Dyno was 466 ponies and I have less than 5 grand into it. Liek I said before, speed is speed, power is power, and if done correctly its aweosme and gets my respect. If not, well I just laugh quietly

hb1111 said:
ill have to disagree with the nitrous will not put any strain on your motor if built right,when nitrous is activated it raises the cyilinder pressures to extreme levels and puts alot of strain on :pistons, rods, bearings,etc. i could get 20 runs on my vw engine 2276 before i need to change the bearings it is well built carrilo rods wiesco pistons, billet steel cylinders,with nitrous 10-12 rod bearing need to be replaced i had my sedan doing 10.90's with out nos and 10.50 with its puts ton of strain on the engine cylinder pressure is the killer and withour froged pistons bye bye...not going to last real long

Well I'm sure it will put more strain than normal (Just like if a truck was used only to pull trailors) but nothing that is going to shorten the life cosiderablly. I had my cylinders ceramic coated specifially for N20 when I built it up. i wasn't sure it I was going to run Nos or not, but I wanted to have the option open if I needed to.

Spinning wheels: Real spinning wheels are cool (Like Davins, or Sprewells) These adapters that bolt over the rims are ghey! On Davins and Spree's its the actual rim spinning and not some adapter hubcap. I dont think either are as cool as they were like 2 years ago and are gettin wayyy commercial and more common. But Ill agree on some vehicles there cool (Old schools and caddys) and are ghey on newer vehicles or vehicles just not worthy (caveliers, Pontiac 6000's)

anyways, back to r/c. There is a guy that is selling an actual nitrous oxide kit for r/c cars. Its specifically made for t-maxx monster trucks. I saw a video on it awaile back and it looked pretty kewl. If I find it, i'll post it here.

Was the kit to run threw the stock 2.5? I would think that it would be impossible to tune. I think another Gimmick like the supercharger

4u2nv said:
no I dont hate on ricers. I actually am friends with alot of them. Maybe I came off wrong in the last post. To me, it seems like a waste to build up a 4 banger. Just my opinion. Yeah I know they can get them hella fast, but it cost ALOT more to get 400 ponies outta a 4 banger than it does to a V8. One of my friends has a Civic that is pushing out 410 horsepower and is Hella fast! But thats also like 10g's later (and thats conservative) where out of my 350 my last Dyno was 466 ponies and I have less than 5 grand into it. Liek I said before, speed is speed, power is power, and if done correctly its aweosme and gets my respect. If not, well I just laugh quietly

QUOTE]

I will jump back in the mix here and wished I had not missed this thread heating up but here it goes.

You do not need 10g to soup up a four banger to over 400hp close but not quite 10g. My car that I mentioned above is a 1.8 Liter turbo charged four cylinder and I am currently running a polished T4 turbo with a custom FMIC (3 inch intercooler pipe), 3 inch downpipe, 3 inch custom exhaust, 550cc Fuel Injectors, Turbo XS Boost Controller, Blitz Turbo Timer (Custom Combo with the Turbo XS Boost Software), and other custom bits like the manifold. As before I mentioned the NX Intercooler setup to keep everything in line. I also have the gammut of forged pistons and cams as well as custom software to run the whole shebang. The NX shot is 75hp but it shoots right into the airfilter which is a HKS Megaflow and if you know the air intake it makes sense. Anyway, my car puts out in the 375hp-400hp range depending on boost and the regular factors. I have no dyno numbers because it is nearly impossible to keep my car on the dyno with AWD as the software tricks itself and limits revs or retards timing. The cost was not that much but the prob is finding someone to take on the task of doing all the custom work.

The point of the above is that I have run into 2.0 liter four bangers which churn out 550hp on the dyno. Also many four cylinders are running 9s at the strip.

For my system you have to switch it on and make sure the bottle is up to temp which is done by the sleeve which keeps the NOS bottles in the correct temp range for optimum efficency. Then only in a specific range does the software let the juice flow. The only times I have been at WOT are when I ran into some VWs with APR StageIIIs that thought they had a chance...they didn't. Also a couple of the new STIs are very fast and most of the time I only win because they shift at the wrong time and try to pull on me in the wrong gear. The most common mistake is the wrong gear and that is followed by trying to pull on me at freeway speed which is my cars passion (the big ass turbo is already spooled up and ready to rip on the freeway). From a light my ass is grass due to turbo lag plus my clutch is so fu$king sensitive with the lightened flywheel.

Oh yes and your friend with the 410hp Civic must be quite the driver because that is a lot of power for such a light and small car. I mean with FWD that thing must be a bitch to get the power down even on some super sticky tires...either that or he just roasts a set of tires like every week.

for the record, any 400hp civic can kick the ass of most cars on the road given the driver can put the power down on the road and not into tire smoke.

Back