Nitro truck problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucky26

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just bought a redcat earthquake nitro truck. Worked great for a few weeks and over the past few weeks it takes off on its own and doesn't respond to controller. I've replaced batteries in both truck and controller twice still does it. Can give it barely any throttle and then it takes off on its own at full throttle even had it do it this evening with controller and truck turned off. Any help would be appreciated.

It could well be your throttle servo. They do funny things once they start to go. Is it just the throttle, or steering too that stops responding? Typically, a servo that is going out will twitch on its own.

Nerd is right, once they start having issues, they can do weird things. Also, try unhooking your steering servo with the truck / tires off the ground (on a stand) and see if it still does it. It's possible if you have a power hungry steering servo (or it's going haywire), it's causing the internal BEC on the RX to brownout. Also, what kind of RX batteries are you using in the truck? If it's one of those 4AA holders, get rid of that and replace it with a rechargeable 5 cell 6V RX pack. You'll have more voltage that way (make sure your gear is rated for 6V first), and no more AA's to mess with.

It could well be your throttle servo. They do funny things once they start to go. Is it just the throttle, or steering too that stops responding? Typically, a servo that is going out will twitch on its own.

with that said my revo front wheels off ground they move back and forth on their own, and when on ground they don't turn hardly at all. Is that a sign my servos going out? i don't have this problem with my electric cars.:\:\

Last edited: