NItro Traxxas Rustler 2.5

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputybill705

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Good afternoon everyone. I have a problem I hope you can help me with. As the title says I have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler. It had a 2.5 in it and ran great. Took it out yesterday and it wanted to take off as soon as I started it. I made sure all my batteries were charged and no hang ups in the linkage. Everything looked great. I rebuilt the slipper clutch and put new clutch shoes and spring in it. I thought for sure that would fix it. Took it out, it done the same thing. I had a spare 3.3 so I put it in just to see what would happen. No change. I am stumped. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Look
Good afternoon everyone. I have a problem I hope you can help me with. As the title says I have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler. It had a 2.5 in it and ran great. Took it out yesterday and it wanted to take off as soon as I started it. I made sure all my batteries were charged and no hang ups in the linkage. Everything looked great. I rebuilt the slipper clutch and put new clutch shoes and spring in it. I thought for sure that would fix it. Took it out, it done the same thing. I had a spare 3.3 so I put it in just to see what would happen. No change. I am stumped. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
look at the idle gap and see if it is not to high, you want it to be 1mm to 0.5mm. If that is not the case make sure your throttle linkage is set correctly

D
does the engine rev high? If so there could be an air leak in the fuel tank causing it to run lean increasing the rpm’s