Nitro thunder tiger tuning.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jippy

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So I have just re built a Thunder tiger TS4N. It run okay initially when testing. Just went to start again 10 days later and nothing. I wound fuel jet in then out 2 and a half turns and it went. It bogged down everytime you went to rev up and cut out. There was lots of oil coming out of the exhaust and I imagine the exhaust gasket dripping. When turing the jet out half a turned it revved up and idled. Will this oil stop dripping out if tuned correctly? I assume I will need to adjust again when air filter on.

Thanks

You have to adjust the low need if it Boggs. the high has nothing to do with bogging. Are you using a fuel filter? Turning the high in that much can ruin a nitro engine fast. Oil coming out the exhaust is normal. Find the engine manual and set the carb back to factory settings.

You have to adjust the low need if it Boggs. the high has nothing to do with bogging. Are you using a fuel filter? Turning the high in that much can ruin a nitro engine fast. Oil coming out the exhaust is normal. Find the engine manual and set the carb back to factory settings.
The high is turned out about 3 turns. The fuel tank is completely clean so no fuel. Filter being used. Must reset to normal as I don't want to mess engine up even if used

Back