Nitro TC3 Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroTyler

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello,
i own a 3 year old Nitro TC3 That i previously started running again and had a few simple questions on how to maintain it.

First question is how will i know when my TC3 needs tuning, and what needle i need to tune?

Second Question is what the best way to clean an air filter is?

pretty basic questions but I'm a novice at the hobbie and want to make sure I'm doing things right before i make any guesses and i ruin up my R/C Car.

Thanks,
Tyler

you need to first tune the car to find its peak. you do that by following all the tuning posts lying around this forum.

when youve tuned it to its peak, youll notice if on another day, or later in the day, its not running what you remembered. thats when you need to tune. take note of the weather. if its not the same, more than likely you need a slight adjust. again, informations around the forum.

once you get it running good, every slight adjustment is via the high speed needle

i clean my air filter in denatured alcohol. i get a little tiny container, half fill it, and slosh the foam in it. i normally do that twice. then i get the air compressor out, and blow it dry, reoil and reinstall.

I don't clean air filters more than once...after that they are done IMO...I have managed to keep engines WAAAAAY beyond the normal life expectancy and I trhink that and using ARO EVRY TIME has contributed to my engines life.....

NitroTyler, if you would share what kind of engine you have in your TC3, that'll help with the tuning aspects of it. Generally, RC engines have two primary needles that you are able to adjust to tune the engine, the high-end needle and the low-end needle.

The high-end needle is used to tune from about mid throttle to WOT. The low-end needle from idle to mid-throttle.

You want to tune the high-end needle first. Turning the needle clockwise leans the engine out, counter-clockwise richens it.

If you can share the engine type, we can probably help with factory settings.

I've got the Team Assosiated .15