Nitro sport took a plunge

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estep64

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My nitro sport took a plunge today, fell off a 20 foot wall into about 2 foot of water, I'd say all the electronics are shot, but I guess this gives me an excuse to rebuild the way I want it.

Grab a 2.4 ghz setup and some better servos. Welcome to the customization side of the hobby.

Haha thats too funny, and I have been there before!! :hehe:

Watch and youll see...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3_3e0kZe_I"]Water Bound RC Scale - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
What and all will I need a new servo and receiver? Ez start seems to work just won't turn the engine over.

---------- Post added at 5:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:26 PM ----------

Also what servo should I get? just a regular traxxas one or is there a better aftermarket one?

There are better ones, if you plan on running larger tires look into something with 200+ oz of torque for steering and try to keep the speed around .15 or quicker. You won't need as much torque for the throttle but the more torque the better the braking will be, I would be more concerned about speed for the throttle. If you are going to 2.4ghz, you will need a new rx and trx, you can get the Traxxas ones pretty cheap on ebay. If you are on a budget you can get the Traxxas servos from a chop shop, I thing the waterproof one with 125 oz of tq was about $25. The 200oz is a little overkill for a Sport but I like overkill, I'm running 140oz on my Rustler with Trenchers and it's doing ok.

Well after I got the sick feeling out of my stomach I decided to take it apart And see what the damage was, so my on board temp gauge started working, is it possible that my other electronics will also? I took them apart to dry guess I'll see what happens, also my engine will turn over and crank with the ez start, just hope it will fire up.

I would at the least put some wd40 in your engine and crank it over without flooding it. One way to do this is to take out the glow plug and cycle the fluid through the carb with the plug out which will help not flood the engine. Then after the above is done, I would then let it sit for a day or so and put some after run oil in it for lubrication on your next start up.

Yea I already put some wd40 in it, just gotta wait for my 2.4ghz system and servos, the other ones are shot, won't do anything

The last time my Tmaxx seen any water, it got a good splash of cold water which snaped the cranck shaft.

It may help to put all your electronics in rice overnight.