Nitro SPEED!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Since getting my nitro, I've always wondered how fast it is.

With the engine not being a "brand" name and NO information on it on the web, I didnt have high hopes, although it at least looked quick.

Well, i had to test it. I dont have a fancy Skyrc gps thingamabob, so I used a normal Garmin car gps. 😂😂😂

Check it out and take a guess how fast it went.
I did watch a amain hobby video where they are converting a Kyosho MP9 RTR to a race ready buggy and they hit 39mph in stock form....

A lot slower than they seem :p

Feels like I'm going as fast as an F1 car, especially when I hit the second gear. But I'm probably not even hitting 35.

I just bought a $100 WLtoys 144010 which does 62mph on 3S out the box. I remember when I was a kid all electrics were slow!

A lot slower than they seem :p

Feels like I'm going as fast as an F1 car, especially when I hit the second gear. But I'm probably not even hitting 35.

I just bought a $100 WLtoys 144010 which does 62mph on 3S out the box. I remember when I was a kid all electrics were slow!
Hahaha. Yeah. I guess in the space i was running it, its plenty fast enough. Lol.

Mine is a single speed. No second gear. I'm sure yours is faster with the second gear.

I need to find a dirt track or something. Tarmac is chowing the tires.

I need to get my brushless truck up and running again and do a speed test on it. I swear its faster. 😂😂
Oh yeah.

While I was there, I tried tuning the HSN some more, but it started leaning out and bogging down on the WOT passes. So this is as good as it gets. 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Excellent, I wish I had your video editing skills!

Those dirt buggies are slow, doesn't seem real fast to me.

Get a two speed nitro!

Excellent, I wish I had your video editing skills!

Those dirt buggies are slow, doesn't seem real fast to me.

Get a two speed nitro!
😂😂😂

Thanks I guess? 😁 I always thought my editing skills can do with some more work. Lol Then again, I wish I had your restoration skills. 😏

Yeah. Not terribly fast, but for a crappy engine I think its not too bad. Lol.

It really comes down to gearing (for both electric and nitro) for top speed. A 2 or 3 speed trans will allow you to gear it massively up and hit very high top speeds. There are also engines that have ludicrous RPM range, such as the Triton D5 which hits 52,000 rpm (compare that to say an OS .21 tm that does 35,000). I've seen those Tritons on video, I've never heard an engine scream the way they do.

nothing works like a GPS unit. I have several in my collection roadrunner.old hot wheels gun type and a beam break coronagraph

😂😂😂

Thanks I guess? 😁 I always thought my editing skills can do with some more work. Lol Then again, I wish I had your restoration skills. 😏

Yeah. Not terribly fast, but for a crappy engine I think its not too bad. Lol.
I dont think thats a crappy engine. They all the same, except those race spec expensive engines.
Plus, you broke in yours yourself, so you know its in good nick!
It really comes down to gearing (for both electric and nitro) for top speed. A 2 or 3 speed trans will allow you to gear it massively up and hit very high top speeds. There are also engines that have ludicrous RPM range, such as the Triton D5 which hits 52,000 rpm (compare that to say an OS .21 tm that does 35,000). I've seen those Tritons on video, I've never heard an engine scream the way they do.

Not really a big fan on gearing change, as anything higher speed brings higher temperatures. Rather get a bigger engine.

Back