Nitro RS4 3 rtr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armymedic

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:first_place:Hi, I have a HPI RS4 3 rtr, I need to know what kind of motor I can switch it to? I do alot of parking lot racing with friends, nothing serious, no real races, it has the stock .15 in it now. Thanks

^^ thats what I've got in my RS4 3. No complaints.

so that motor will fit in the RS4? I never changed motors before thats why I sound like an idiot! LOL!

yea it drops right in.
DSCF0760.jpg

Put wings on it and it will fly! You wont be dissapointed.

That OS is a great choice, but it will not drop right in to an RS4 3 RTR. You will need to get an engine mount since the stock 15 FEs block mounts directly to the chassis.

^^ mine went in the SS with the .12 so it dropped right in.

Well since he said he has the RS4 3 RTR, not the SS .12, he will need an engine mount to put it in. I know for a fact as I also have a RS4 3 RTR with an OS engine, and I needed to buy a engine mount.

Well now a new problem

I moved the low speed needle all the way closed, and dont have the slightest clue on what setting to put it back to, or how to even tell if Iam getting close! I have engine mounts on mine, and I looked around the web and my carb looks different than the stock one, so I dont know if the guy that I bought it from changed the carb or not? Iam so frustrated!:angry:View attachment 7202

View attachment 7203

Last edited:
You have engine mounts? actual seperate mounts that would mount to the two tabs on the side of the block, and then to the chassis? It's hard to tell, but in that first pic, I don't see a screw in the hole. How is your engine held to the chassis? Can you take a pic of the bottom of the chassis? Or a better pic of the side of the block.

That is not a stock 15 fe carb, the stock 15 fe carb is a single needle carb, and a complete pos at that. So with that carb I couldn't give you a baseline setting, but I would try it flush with the outside of the seat, just as a starting point.

How bout a HPI T3.0, i got one and a 2 speed transmission hits about 82 mph across a parking lot:)