Nitro Rc Talk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightman1909

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what this frame is has no markings or anything on it. It looks like its been CNC machined
_20150312_222141.JPG
_20150312_222852.JPG

It's a t-maxx chassis,..short/regular sized

Well I figured it was that but the battery box and receiver box won't fit onto it holes don't line up

All I can say is there is no doubt in my mind 100% maxx chassis,...as for the holes not lining up..idk could be you,lol ,could be someone made that chassis and didn't measure twice,

Well that could be lol I got 4 trucks and was going to build this one to be all aluminum just kinda be a show/street driven

All I can say is there is no doubt in my mind 100% maxx chassis,...as for the holes not lining up..idk could be you,lol ,could be someone made that chassis and didn't measure twice,
was gonna say that :) In other words, someone like me when it comes to some things :p

Judging by the shape of the cut outs and the thick center rib, that appears to be a Pro Hobby Racing chassis of some sort.
I have a Pro Hobby Pistol Grip chassis and I see the same characteristics in both chassis.
I'll get some pics posted if you'd like so you can see for yourself.

These chassis were built for specifically for racing.
The oddly shaped rear section of the chassis allows you to bump start a non pull start big or small block engine.
The numerous holes are drilled to allow you to locate your components where you want for best weight distribution. For example, your stock T Maxx fuel tank location is drilled with additional holes to accommodate a throttle servo for a direct throttle link.
The area where the battery box normally mounts is drilled to accommodate an 1/8 scale buggy style fuel tank using a two post mount
A hump back are flat pack style rechargeable battery can be zip tied to the chassis up front to allow better weight balance.
Your receiver box can be replaced with a 1/8 buggy receiver box or something like this:
http://www.fullforcerc.com/FF060