Nitro rc fuel

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamNitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Gday i just bought a new fuel tank for my rc and i am wondering how is it going to work without a primer and the fuel line up the top...Does anyone know how the work?

Thanks in advanced

The fuel line to the engine is at the bottom. The line on top of the tank is the pressure line from the muffler.
Depends on the tank, but yeah, there should be two lines to the tank. One is for positive pressure for the exhaust pipe, the other goes to the carb inlet.

Even without the pressure, the carb has a venturi effect once it's running. As the air passes the inlet inside the carb, it sucks fuel into it. The pressure line from the pipe just helps things along.

Regardless, I use associated primer bulbs if I can. I know some say they are prone to having issues, but really, I've been using them for years on all my nitro's and they work really well for priming. They also give me an extra minute of roof time to get to my truck when I crash.

These:
https://www.amazon.com/Team-Associated-25076-Primer-Vehicles/dp/B000BO53NO

Wow... been a while since I bought one. Guessing associated stopped making them or something. They used to be like $5.