Nitro engine revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattyice

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Would picco .12 fit on my revo 3.3 ? Is it to small of a engine? Is it a good deal?
Here's a picture of the picco engine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_090316_OfferUp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_090316_OfferUp.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 74
Yes, the .21TM is a direct-fit replacement for the 3.3, including Traxxas's unique pilot shaft. The "TM" unofficially stands for "T-Maxx"

It's probably the nicest engine you could get for that vehicle.

Yes, the .21TM is a direct-fit replacement for the 3.3, including Traxxas's unique pilot shaft. The "TM" unofficially stands for "T-Maxx"

It's probably the nicest engine you could get for that vehicle.
Hey I got it but the 3.3 back plate doesn't fit and I don't see how the starter shaft would go in 🤔

Hey I got it but the 3.3 back plate doesn't fit and I don't see how the starter shaft would go in 🤔
Guess I just gotta get a bump box but what kind tho?does it matter for the revo?
Would something like this work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_224100_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_224100_Chrome.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 24

A .21TM or the first one you linked? The .21 backplate should fit. The other one, the 21RG won't fit because it's a big block without a starter.

From Amain:

"This is the O.S. Max .21 TM Engine with the Revo Manifold (also fits Traxxas Slayer). This engine will be a direct drop in for the Traxxas 2.5 and 3.3 Revo or the Slayer Pro, but requires the OS 23818430 Ball Link. The .21 TM will adapt directly to the Traxxas EZ start or pull start systems."

A .21TM or the first one you linked? The .21 backplate should fit. The other one, the 21RG won't fit because it's a big block without a starter.

From Amain:
I got the .21 non starter

From Amain:
Is there a bump box that would work for my revo on Amazon? I was looking alot that say 1/8 scale. Would one of those work well or do I have to find a Protecular one for the revo 3.3?

Is there a bump box that would work for my revo on Amazon? I was looking alot that say 1/8 scale. Would one of those work well or do I have to find a Protecular one for the revo 3.3?

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it's possible to use a bump box on a Revo.

I got the .21 non starter

That's gonna be a tough build; you're also going to need the Revo big-block conversion kit; that engine is not compatible with the stock engine mounts the way a .21TM is.

There appear to be options for bump-starting a revo but they need a very specific started box with a wheel that reaches further up into the chassis than most. I'm just basing that on a quick Google search, could be wrong.

That's gonna be a tough build; you're also going to need the Revo big-block conversion kit; that engine is not compatible with the stock engine mounts the way a .21TM is.

There appear to be options for bump-starting a revo but they need a very specific started box with a wheel that reaches further up into the chassis than most. I'm just basing that on a quick Google search, could be wrong.
If the wheel sticks out atleast this far it would prob work right?

Screenshot_20230331_130425_OfferUp.jpg

If the wheel sticks out atleast this far it would prob work right?

View attachment 162618

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, I'm not sure. It looks like you might need something like this

Just my 2 cents, I think fitting the big block will be more effort than it's worth, even now it would be cheaper to go with a Dynamite .19T that'll drop-in to your current setup.