nitro engine rebuild?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:D lmao

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
helo;)
Q1: how do i know if my nitro engine needs a rebuild?
Q2: should i purchase a brand new engine or only the piston and sleeve set (Traxxas for example)
thks for the hlp!

can't you also re-pinch the sleeve?. I'm sure there's a compression gauge. besides the ole finger test

helo;)
Q1: how do i know if my nitro engine needs a rebuild?
Q2: should i purchase a brand new engine or only the piston and sleeve set (Traxxas for example)
thks for the hlp!
If the engine becomes hard to start or can't start, poor performance, hard to tune, stalling at high rpms, very little compression are signs you may need a rebuild. Personally I wouldnt rebuild a traxxas engine, Id buy something better.

My first wonders is - what is it doing or not doing? Does it turn over?
Oh wait - last seen July 06, that dude is probably off to better things.

I did a bb conversion on my Revo, I've swapped over to an 8 port .28 sh with 4 horsepower, everything was great until my trans blew up...
then I Loosened up the slipper and the same thing never happened again...

I did a bb conversion on my Revo, I've swapped over to an 8 port .28 sh with 4 horsepower, everything was great until my trans blew up...

Ah, well yeah, that's a major upgrade going to the 28-8 SH, but those things will blow a lot of parts up :D Slipper is definitely your friend with that engine in that truck.

Hell yeah nice mod. Slipper I'd definitely your best friend with that engine. I would also redue the tranns with some Robinson racing gears. You probably have but if not keep a eye on your drive train. Center shafts and axles. CVD would be the way to go. The revo must fly...nice job👍👍