Nitro engine problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iainl80

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Got a go.18 engine in an ftx carnage. I accidentally drove through a pile of dust on the floor. It was running fine before and now stalls when throttle is applied. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

take the engine off and clean everything good.you did have an airfilter on it?never run your rc without the airfilter,it will damage your engine.i would just clean everthing and then reset the carb to factory settings w/ new glow plug.

Ok thanks. Air filter was fitted as I know how important it is. Got it running again but think it needs setting up. Running ok but when I let off throttle it doesn't so much stall now as nearly does. I.e.sounds as running a bit slow. Maybe idle? I find it hard to set up as it has 3 screws. Lsn, hsn and idle.

Ok thanks. Air filter was fitted as I know how important it is. Got it running again but think it needs setting up. Running ok but when I let off throttle it doesn't so much stall now as nearly does. I.e.sounds as running a bit slow. Maybe idle? I find it hard to set up as it has 3 screws. Lsn, hsn and idle.

It is hard to set up. I'm new to nitro and have been playing with the carb settings for a while now. I'm not sure about your rc nitro vehicle but with my stampede you are supposed to do hsn then lsn then idle. You don't just switch back and forth until its good. Good luck!

I would do some research and set it up at the factory settings. Then richen the hsn a little more. Start by tuning the hsn After the engine warms up.
Be patient and tune in small turns of the needle. The outside temperature, humidity, and engine temperature will all have an effect on the tune.