Nitro engine lifespan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is probably a loaded question and something that will vary a lot from person to person and from engine to engine.

But, if a engine was broken in ok and never run too lean and looked after, how long can a nitro engine last "theoretically"?

7-10 gallons my friend under normal, proper use. Racing conditions, probably a bit less. But regular running conditions with proper tuning, maintenance, running, and fuel, and it will last a long time!

7-10 gallons my friend under normal, proper use. Racing conditions, probably a bit less. But regular running conditions with proper tuning, maintenance, running, and fuel, and it will last a long time!
Agree.

You may be able to replace bearings if needed, and repinch and get more. Thats assuming the pistom isnt too scored up.

Agree.

You may be able to replace bearings if needed, and repinch and get more. Thats assuming the pistom isnt too scored up.
Was gonna go into that but decided not too lol replacing the rod can help too. Also, they have these new Klinik Rc air filters out now that, according to the statistics, stop almost down to 1 micron of dirt as opposed to 60 microns for a regular, good, well oiled filter. Makes me wonder how much engine life we can get now with these revolutionary air filters, as I had no idea how much dirt really ends up passing through a normal air filter no matter how well it’s taken care of and sealed and cleaned. Really want to try one

Losi215.... Thanks for the info on the Klinik air filters. Sounds like a great product if they work as advertised. They are a bit pricey but if they last awile, they would save $$ in the long run. Sure makes me want to try one.

Back