Nitro car not moving

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure that the gear mesh is right with the clutch bell an center diff spur gear ,an also ,make sure that you
have installed the wheel pins!...:cool:
All the gears are making good contact so that won't be the issue :( what are the wheel pins you're on about? Quite new to all this

Here is a video of the rc car I have to hold it as when I let go it starts rolling slowly, when the gear starts spinning faster that's me lifting the car off the ground, hope this helps.

Why does the buggy rock backwards? An also ,it looks like the buggy is new an never ran ,so was the buggy a kit an built
by someone ,or was it a RTR version?

I would make sure that the center diff has all of the parts inside ,an make sure that the front diffs are built right an the diffs
not put in backwards ,hence the back & fourth motion!...:cool:

Check if the first part of the drive line is turning with the output shaft of the trans. Then check any point where there's another connection, including where the shafts meet the wheel hubs.

SO, even when the tires are not spinning, the shaft is still spinning?
sorry no the shaft started spinning when I lifted the wheels. Ended up snapping the pull start so can't do any testing at the moment :(

Why does the buggy rock backwards? An also ,it looks like the buggy is new an never ran ,so was the buggy a kit an built
by someone ,or was it a RTR version?

I would make sure that the center diff has all of the parts inside ,an make sure that the front diffs are built right an the diffs
not put in backwards ,hence the back & fourth motion!...:cool:
The back and forth motion was happening cause I was lifting the wheels and putting it back down, but regarding the diffs being built correct they are missing a piece so I've ordered it and will get it put in when it arrives. Its clean cause I spent a while cleaning everything and building it back up using the instruction :)

Check if the first part of the drive line is turning with the output shaft of the trans. Then check any point where there's another connection, including where the shafts meet the wheel hubs.
Before i snapped the pull start i noticed that after lowering the revs so it doesn't drive away from me the clutch still spins I can't seem to get the revs much lower without it cutting out on me and when the clutch is spinning it turns the big cog but that doesn't translate in the output shaft spinning. It only starts to spin when the car is lifted. I'm pretty sure the brakes are built up completely wrong so going to try fix this. Do the brakes need to engage when the car is stationary to not spin the transmission?

Before i snapped the pull start i noticed that after lowering the revs so it doesn't drive away from me the clutch still spins I can't seem to get the revs much lower without it cutting out on me and when the clutch is spinning it turns the big cog but that doesn't translate in the output shaft spinning. It only starts to spin when the car is lifted. I'm pretty sure the brakes are built up completely wrong so going to try fix this. Do the brakes need to engage when the car is stationary to not spin the transmission?

There is different tension clutch springs ,you can try to replace the clutch spring with a more stiffer spring ,as it
is possible that the spring or springs that you have has lost its tension!

Do the brakes need to engage when the car is stationary to not spin the transmission?

No. The brakes only engage with forward trigger.

Not sure if the clutch shoes are installed backward. A picture of the installed clutch shoes is better for diagnostic. Also if you spin the flywheels, it should move the car in the right direction. Also, make sure you start your engine in the right direction. The engine should be spinning counter clockwise.

If the Car Rolls freely with servos switched on and engine not started then that eliminates the brake disc being pulled on by the Servo, so the other is clutch, have you got a worn clutch bell? Are the clutch shoes not worn? Are the springs too tough? Is the fly wheel nut tight ? Do you have any Slippage if you hold the Car still and turn the Spur gear by hand will it force the car to move ? You have to go through a process of Elemination but I’d start with the clutch by what you say .

Back