nitro 4 tec question on drive train

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke_696

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
probably a dumb question but is there a way to get rid of the belts for a shaft driven mod ...I'm sick of all the belts snapping or the middle one falling off

i know it will be a custom job bot have it ever been attempted and worked

That is the SAME reason why I sold mine, between busting belts and falling off the wheels, I would always catch gravel in them and jack my belt gears up..

I have never seen or heard of a shaft driven mod but I havnt had my jato for a long time so I wouldnt know. Good luck

thanks and ya same issues here other than its to fast for most tires and the belts its a well made car i love it but if i can this belt craps gotta go

I thought belt drive cars were only good for indoor, I had the choice between a newer X-ray belt drive and a hopped up tc3 and I went for the shaft driven tc3 for that reason. And I only plan on racing indoor.

The car they are referring to is nitro powered. You can't run a nitro car indoors. Not with out choking everyone to death from the exhaust.

Yes sorry nitro 4tec 3.3 its a monster for speed out oof the box but the thing can't handle its own power

oh ok ya again i love the car but its annoying lol i dont think the middle belt breaks i think it pops off cause one time i found it and it wasn't broke i replaced it after i lost it and poof same issue mayne a way to make the border bigger?