NiMH Batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know a good place online to buy AA sized NiMH batteries as well as a charger? I found this URL=http://www.nimhbattery.com/ip-fc-301combo.htm]one,[/URL] is it a good deal? I was looking to buy 24 batteries and a charger or more so that I can have theoretically 12 batteries in use and 12 batteries being charged at the same time. If I did buy the batteries in the above link would it be alright to buy 3 sets of the batteries and charger, 24 AA batteries and 3 chargers?

I bought the batteries and got them this morning. After charging up the first set I found that the batteries only hold about 1.41 volts, a voltage that I would normally throw my alkaline batteries away. Is this the right voltage? Will is effect my range of the transmitter/receiver for my truck?

AA dry cell batteries typically hold a solid 1.5 volts. I have been told that the rechargeable types hold between 1.2 and 1.4 volts. Soooooo, you should be good to go.

Because of the lower voltages on rechargeables, you might want to think about going with a five battery set up on your receiver power pack. Or you could just try the four batteries and see how long it lasts.

Last edited:
Ok since we are on the new server I am unbanning everyone.

Anyway as to the batts I have never heard of that brand but thats cool they are probably just rebaged. The charger is a common charger and I have seen it before.

As to your questions about the voltagages here is how it works
aa alkaline holds 1.5v
aa nimh or nicd holds 1.2
so multuply those numbers by four and you get 4.8 and 6.0 as your ratings that you see on servos and things or this nature.

Retread has an article on his site about how rechargables dump compared to alkalines I have this the same data elsewhere I just dont want to hunt for it. The reality is you should be fine with 4 aa in a reciver pack. Just try not to leave the nimh sitting around dead have atleast some charge on them. Also do not let them get overly hot if that charger has a cover that flips over the batts leave it open when charging.

So simply stated here is my experince

4 alkalines or 4 Nimh you should NOT notice a diffrence I ran 1800 rechargeable NiMh in a 4pack confige till I went to all trinity reciver packs for the size factor. X