NiMH Batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Are they worht it for the radio receiver and transmitter? I mean with the cost of the batteries and the cost of the chargers are they worth it in the long run? I have heard that NiMH batteries will wear our over time.

Thats all I run now:) They are a little on the high side but give a better current rate then nicads. And if charged right will last just as long as any other battery out there, you just dont want to over charge then. Do you have a good charger now???

Then youll want a good peak charger or you run the chance of killing your batteries in a very short time. I like intellipeak they work good for me, but do some shopping and see what you like.

Yes:) Unless you have lots of cash then you could go lithium:cheerful:

Hehehe Lith Ion batteries require some pricey chargers too! But hey, if you got the cash, roll with it. Otherwise, NiMh is very good and NiCd's can be too! A good charger is key. I went with the Quasar Pro by Reedy. It has delta peak detec, fused, rapid charge, cycling up to 10x, full discharge with charge and all kinds of Amp ratings to play with. 4-8 cell charging. Oh yeah A/C AND D/C.

Cool stuff........

Don't belive it ! we can get something cheaper in the UK than you guys!:OMG:

Set of 4 quality AA nimh's and charger for £9.00

1600's nimhs and charger around £15

I've got 'em in tx and rx had 'em over a year now ,still as good as new.

babytrax.jpg

Originally posted by chazey2
Don't belive it ! we can get something cheaper in the UK than you guys!:OMG:

Set of 4 quality AA nimh's and charger for £9.00

1600's nimhs and charger around £15

I've got 'em in tx and rx had 'em over a year now ,still as good as new.

babytrax.jpg
What's the exchange rate or more specifically how mush is your price in dollars?

Tower hobbies exchange calculater gives £9.00 = $13.92
That's for 4 batterys and the charger.
batts.jpg

babytrax.jpg