Next RC? ADHD thought process

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armykyle1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I'm looking at multiple options for my next RC. I only have an xmaxx right which is definitely on the extreme end of the spectrum imo. I do plan on getting a 8s kraton exb and doing a build on that, but that'll come later when I'm more comfortable with the xmaxx.

So I'm looking at either a 4s "basher" or a 1/10 crawler of sorts. Possibly Something I can mess with while my son(a toddler) is around and not worrying murdering him with it lol. So I'm definitely leaning crawler. The TRX4 definitely has my attention, as it's not super fast and offers a lot of neat features. My son seems to absolutely love grave digger, any time he sees one as a toy , he has to grab it lol. So the losi LMT got my attention, but it seems pretty radical on 3s, so I was thinking on 2s might tone it down a bit.

I would like experience different brands, so I'm definitely leaning towards the losi right now, but the durability seems a little concerning. Any other input is welcome. I would like to stick with a RTR setup until I get more experience tinkering with these.

If I was going for a crawler/Trail Truck Id personally probably get an Axial SCX10 III but the TRX4 would probably be considered against the SCX10. It would be one of those two I believe.

I can't speak to the LMT directly cuz I never owned one and haevnt even read much about them online, but Losi is general is a well respected brand. I own/have owned many Losi rigs over the years and mostly loved them all. I think my least favorite out of them was the Losi Ten-T but even that truck wasn't terrible, it just wasn't popular and therefore never received much after market support. The LMT is going to be more of a go fast than a crawler though but it wouldnt be as fast as something like a Losi 8ight T. Thats my .02 anyway

There are problems with that ridiculously stupid axle housing design on the Losi LMT. I almost bought one when I bought the V3 Granite BLX, but that axle housing turned me off. And to buy anything better in the aftermarket to replace the housings costs as much as another RC. I still want one, but kinda hoping they come out with an updated housing design to replace that stupidity.

That being said, Kevin Talbot bashed the hell out of both of his LMT's before breaking the housings. A lot harder than I would run them. But he broke them on both trucks.

If I was going for a crawler/Trail Truck Id personally probably get an Axial SCX10 III but the TRX4 would probably be considered against the SCX10. It would be one of those two I believe.

I can't speak to the LMT directly cuz I never owned one and haevnt even read much about them online, but Losi is general is a well respected brand. I own/have owned many Losi rigs over the years and mostly loved them all. I think my least favorite out of them was the Losi Ten-T but even that truck wasn't terrible, it just wasn't popular and therefore never received much after market support. The LMT is going to be more of a go fast than a crawler though but it wouldnt be as fast as something like a Losi 8ight T. Thats my .02 anyway

I'll look into those as well. Nothing is off the table yet.

There are problems with that ridiculously stupid axle housing design on the Losi LMT. I almost bought one when I bought the V3 Granite BLX, but that axle housing turned me off. And to buy anything better in the aftermarket to replace the housings costs as much as another RC. I still want one, but kinda hoping they come out with an updated housing design to replace that stupidity.

That being said, Kevin Talbot bashed the hell out of both of his LMT's before breaking the housings. A lot harder than I would run them. But he broke them on both trucks.

Yea, his videos had me concerned then a few reviews on Amazon, mainly about the king pins falling out too.

I'll look into those as well. Nothing is off the table yet.

Yea, his videos had me concerned then a few reviews on Amazon, mainly about the king pins falling out too.
Personally, once I saw Kyosho was bringing back the USA-1, I didn't even consider the LMT anymore. The USA-1 should be available soon. And with Tower Hobbies coupons you can knock the price down below $450 when it does come out. It is a no-brainer for me.

So I'm looking at multiple options for my next RC. I only have an xmaxx right which is definitely on the extreme end of the spectrum imo. I do plan on getting a 8s kraton exb and doing a build on that, but that'll come later when I'm more comfortable with the xmaxx.

So I'm looking at either a 4s "basher" or a 1/10 crawler of sorts. Possibly Something I can mess with while my son(a toddler) is around and not worrying murdering him with it lol. So I'm definitely leaning crawler. The TRX4 definitely has my attention, as it's not super fast and offers a lot of neat features. My son seems to absolutely love grave digger, any time he sees one as a toy , he has to grab it lol. So the losi LMT got my attention, but it seems pretty radical on 3s, so I was thinking on 2s might tone it down a bit.

I would like experience different brands, so I'm definitely leaning towards the losi right now, but the durability seems a little concerning. Any other input is welcome. I would like to stick with a RTR setup until I get more experience tinkering with these.
Losi is an amazing company with excellent customer support and parts are plentiful, you can't go wrong with losi. Keep it at 2s until he's a little more comfortable with everything like you mentioned and all should be fine 😊

🏎️ 💨 💨

Losi is an amazing company with excellent customer support and parts are plentiful, you can't go wrong with losi. Keep it at 2s until he's a little more comfortable with everything like you mentioned and all should be fine 😊

🏎️ 💨 💨

I'm Thinking that's what I'll do. Plus they look freaking cool!

I'm Thinking that's what I'll do. Plus they look freaking cool!
If you get an LMT Ill be curious to see what your thoughts are on it. It looks awesome but I'm waiting on the USA-1 Release. I've never owned a Kyosho before so and theres a ton of hype around this rig so I'm gonna try my luck with that. I'm not sure how I'm gonna like a solid axle basher so Ill be interested to hear about both of these rigs :)

Losi is ordered. I'm also getting 2s and 3s batteries.

I'll also be looking forward to feed back on the USA-1.