Newcomer needing help with first boat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcrzeus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am a absolutely new to Rc boating and i have 2 - trailblazer 1300bp stock both with problems - there both quite old and been given to me by a family member. Boat 1 worked fine, then took a flip and took in alot of water on all parts inside. Now when attached to the battery it just beeps single beeps and does not connect to the remote or has any response. Boat 2 connects to remote but the throttle turns on at full straight away and has no throttle response or control, although i can control the rudders - this worked the day before as normal but now doesn't. I am using TopEdge AFM3 remote. Can someone please help, please note I'm a total amatuer so can you dumb it down, il be ever so thankful. I am assuming i just let Boat 1 to dry out - i have taken out the reciever to dry, everything else is bolted in. I'm not sure what the ESC is and I'm not sure it is damaged. Any help? Thanks

Attachments

• 0805DA82-47E0-4857-881F-02DA55055EC7.jpeg
    0805DA82-47E0-4857-881F-02DA55055EC7.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 136
  • CF59E0FD-BB4E-46A0-8A10-1A5DA6A473E7.png
    CF59E0FD-BB4E-46A0-8A10-1A5DA6A473E7.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 123
boat 1 more than likely all the boats electronics are shot .. A fm radio more than likely the electronics arent water prof..

boat 2 either the radios trim for throttle is higher.. Unplug esc from motor mark wires b4 removing and find out what type of esc you have and see if it has a calibration mode...check radio and see if throttle trim is on or being used...

you more than likely will need to replace all electronics on boat 1

Hi, thank you very much.
I will take boat 1 to the shop and see what they say. As for boat 2 the esc seems all glued in and almost impossible to remove. Its wrapped up too with tape. I will take both to the shops

the shop will cost you way more than either a few dollars and some effort from you .not a bad boat for a single screw....Ok see radio see the right side with the 4 buttons?. now turn radio on(not boat) see ch button push that till screen shows ch 2 in window.. now use -,+ buttons. whats in window? Zed or 4 or what ever?. push the neg till either O is in it or a neg number go down 1/2 or whatever you see.. try boat now ..still going fast or slower? if slower then turn boat off and adjust radio again....if your skilled enough you could probably turn it down on 1st ...when done you can go back to model # in radio window...

Last edited:
I think you should just sell it to me and I'll fix it then you won't have to worry about it and you can go buy a new one. And I have all the parts to upgrade it so you won't have to feel bad about me spending money on it

I think you should just sell it to me and I'll fix it then you won't have to worry about it and you can go buy a new one. And I have all the parts to upgrade it so you won't have to feel bad about me spending money on it
Don't pay any attention to him. He'll just low-ball you on the price and sell it at a profit. You need to DONATE the boat to a good cause. That cause would be me. You might even be able to write off the donation on your taxes so you'll be way ahead of the game. Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. :celebrate:

I've never sold a RC in my life. I just collect them. I'm not trying to lowball him I'd give him $25 no questions asked. I'll even pay shipping. Rolex would just put it in his hermetically sealed display case and show it to nobody anyway. :stick:

Hi everyone, i am a absolutely new to Rc boating and i have 2 - trailblazer 1300bp stock both with problems - there both quite old and been given to me by a family member. Boat 1 worked fine, then took a flip and took in alot of water on all parts inside. Now when attached to the battery it just beeps single beeps and does not connect to the remote or has any response. Boat 2 connects to remote but the throttle turns on at full straight away and has no throttle response or control, although i can control the rudders - this worked the day before as normal but now doesn't. I am using TopEdge AFM3 remote. Can someone please help, please note I'm a total amatuer so can you dumb it down, il be ever so thankful. I am assuming i just let Boat 1 to dry out - i have taken out the reciever to dry, everything else is bolted in. I'm not sure what the ESC is and I'm not sure it is damaged. Any help? Thanks
Sounds like it's a fried receiver, if drying it out doesn't fix it, try replacing it.

Hey guys, I'm sorry to tell you that Boat 1 came on and working fine this morning. I could appreciate some information on how to maintain it well and learn about as much as I can as I go along,
THANKS

Sounds like it's a fried receiver, if drying it out doesn't fix it, try replacing it.

It worked after drying out many thanks, any tips on how to stop that happening again as I'm assuming flips are common

thanks

It worked after drying out many thanks, any tips on how to stop that happening again as I'm assuming flips are common

thanks
I'm not too sure on how your boat is sealed but what I've did in the past is get some automotive gasket maker, it's basically just sillicone, outline the seal in the sillicone then oil up the other half, place it down onto it and let it dry, it'll create a perfect seal to prevent leaks.

You can use silicone electronic Grease just put it over your connectors and make sure that there's plenty of it. When you need to work on it you will just have to wipe it off and reapply

Very common to put the receiver in a balloon and secure the neck with rubber bands and silicone where the wires come out.