Newbie question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC1209

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am building an electric plane and I'm running into some issues with my servos. The servos will not move based on transmitter input. The only noticeable change with transmitter input is a change in pitch of the buzzing. I have tested my servos and they all work correctly. Is this most likely a receiver problem?

Welcome in @JC1209 , have you done a rebind?
If the servo's tested good and you tried to rebind and they are still not working then
it's probably the receiver.
Just to make sure you have everything connected like it should be, here is the connections.

Channel 1 is for the ESC
Channel 2 is Aileronss
Channel 3 is elevator
Channel 4 is rudder.
Channel 5 would be for landing flaps.

Unscrew the attachment on the servo gear end. Power on servo, center it with the trim, and then reattach said attachment.

Thanks Chubaka, I forgot that part.;)

pull all servo horns before binding.set trims to zero.rebind. then attach horns

Last edited:
If the servo's tested good and you tried to rebind and they are still not working then
Just to make sure you have everything connected like it should be, here is the connections.

Channel 1 is for the ESC
Channel 2 is Aileronss
Channel 3 is elevator
Channel 4 is rudder.
I haven't done a rebind, but I'll definitely try that. Thanks for the advice

Channel 1 is for the ESC
Channel 2 is Aileronss
Channel 3 is elevator
Channel 4 is rudder.
I tried multiple things with my first receiver and never got it to work. I just ordered an X8R and I can't get it to bind with my Taranis qx7. I've tried a few different methods and nothing seems to work. Do you have any thoughts?

When you tried to bind it, how close were to the receiver? Sometimes you have to be a few feet away in order for it to bind.

Back