Newbie here with lots of questions!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie3407

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there. My son received an RC car as a gift and I know very little about it. The second day he has it, he plugged the battery cable into the wrong spot. It made a burning smell before I could get to him and now it only goes backwards. I’m assuming the receiver is fried, based on reading I’ve done online. The receiver is HRZ00015 and he has:

Axial RC Truck 1/24 SCX24 2021 Ford Bronco 4WD Truck Brushed RTR Blue​

My question is, is there anything I can do to fix this receiver? I’ve ordered this part that was on back order and then they just refunded my purchase amount when they weren’t able to get the part in. I’ve waited over a month. Now other sites are saying “order now” and receive in September 2022. Is there an alternate part that will work instead? I know it’s a long shot but wanted to find out. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi there. My son received an RC car as a gift and I know very little about it. The second day he has it, he plugged the battery cable into the wrong spot. It made a burning smell before I could get to him and now it only goes backwards. I’m assuming the receiver is fried, based on reading I’ve done online. The receiver is HRZ00015 and he has:

My question is, is there anything I can do to fix this receiver? I’ve ordered this part that was on back order and then they just refunded my purchase amount when they weren’t able to get the part in. I’ve waited over a month. Now other sites are saying “order now” and receive in September 2022. Is there an alternate part that will work instead? I know it’s a long shot but wanted to find out. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!
I have 0 expirience with axial but you might have a problem with burnt esc not reciever. Maybe you can post a picture and show where did you plug the battery

Bogda89, it's a ESC+receiver combo. With the stupid ass feature of using same connectors for battery and motor.

Yeah, a friend waited a looong time for the rx/esc to get back in stock. Not much you can do except replace it with a separate esc and receiver (and new radio). Furitek makes some interesting combos... Or try to find one used, a lot of people replace them with brushless systems!

Or wait. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi and welcome to this Forum.

GUYS WILL THIS WORK ? or does it need another Transmitter?

ESC/Receiver combo new
https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-ae6-esc-rx-combo-axi31620/p977314

Rebind it.
And Drive again ? or you need New transmitter also ? ;(

Last edited:
I don't think this one's compatible with the new tx...

can be risky

You can call Horizon ask if you want , they should know.

Poor they dont have the right Part in stock. Many must have toast them ?

@julie3407 It would appear you are limited on choices, you could buy an older model receiver/esc but then you would have to buy the transmitter to go with it. That becomes a bit cost prohibitive, and you might as well just replace the whole thing with a new vehicle. Any aftermarket solutions will run into the same problem of being cost prohibitive. If you don't want to purchase a new RC, you are kind of stuck waiting until the correct ESC/Receivers come back in stock.

Thank you all SO much. You have been amazing. What a great support community! My kiddo is only 7 and is in love with this RV car. I have a feeling we will have more questions to come. Thank you again! I was able to use the receiver link and purchased on eBay!
Your cheapest option is to replace the ESC/Rx combo...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1254543149...NCCKxqlTp2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You will have to rebind the new receiver to your transmitter. There should be videos on YT on how to bind and calibrate them.

If you need help fixing it, send me a PM.
Awesome thank you!

can be risky

You can call Horizon ask if you want , they should know.

Poor they dont have the right Part in stock. Many must have toast them ?
Yeah he literally plugged it into the wrong spot and it smelled bad. I was pretty sure there was no coming back from that!
THIS! I just looked and didn't see that, good catch
THIS! I just looked and didn't see that, good catch!
@julie3407 It would appear you are limited on choices, you could buy an older model receiver/esc but then you would have to buy the transmitter to go with it. That becomes a bit cost prohibitive, and you might as well just replace the whole thing with a new vehicle. Any aftermarket solutions will run into the same problem of being cost prohibitive. If you don't want to purchase a new RC, you are kind of stuck waiting until the correct ESC/Receivers come back in stock.
Thank you! Seems like this item is popular!

That wickedfog was nice found.

Happy you have the part soon you needed. Your boy will have alot fun soon again :)

Feel free always ask anything about RC. We love to help
Goodluck Julie and Son

The ESC is stuck to the tray with double sided tape. You will have to peel it off there using a scraper or something. Grab some double sided tape to stick the new one down 😉

Back