Newb Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvhCo

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hi guys. I must tell that since I got my nitro, I never go full throttle (like opening the lever till it can't open no more) out of fears it will heat up or sth. It's still pretty quick even at half throttle. Is it ok to go full FULL throttle?

While you are the one who sees if there is gonna see some catastrophic meltdowns rpms and speed increase, edging toward full speed is the ultimate goal in my book. Speed runs to start are based on my small adjust here and there to make sure the kit is safe, built well etc... Take it up in small incriments, inspecting each time. With each run, you may notice something small that needs adjust. Just keep track of each adjust. Seeing that each adjust has positive or negative effects. If you like what you see, stick with it, if not, go back to where you were and try something else. You WILL eventuality get there!

"Punch it Ethel!!!"

I've not had any immediately noticeable issues from going full throttle that wasn't caused by crashing into something. I do wait until the engine has some reasonable temperature at least. one of the benefits of coming from electric and exploring the whole "too fast to be fun anymore" brushless speedrun scene is the Nitro cars feel just right - plenty fast but not outrageous - controllable, plus going half the speed with a Nitro is still more fun - at least at the moment for me it is.

"Punch it Ethel!!!"

I've not had any immediately noticeable issues from going full throttle that wasn't caused by crashing into something. I do wait until the engine has some reasonable temperature at least. one of the benefits of coming from electric and exploring the whole "too fast to be fun anymore" brushless speedrun scene is the Nitro cars feel just right - plenty fast but not outrageous - controllable, plus going half the speed with a Nitro is still more fun - at least at the moment for me it is.

Exactly. Brushless RC will soon only be good at drag racing with all that excessive speed, lol.

Nonetheless, no "catastrophic meltdown" so far, I went full throttle for 10 seconds straight and everything is perfect. It doesn't even overheat or sth, I guess I must be really good at tuning (lol). I just need to accelerate slowly or the car will spin.

Back