New X-Ray M18 Owner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindfaith429

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Picked up a new, never used, X-Ray M18 RTR. I use to drool over these many many moons ago back when I had my original Mini T (more on that another day).

Found one on FB Marketplace and struck a deal.

I plan to convert it to a carbon fiber chassis, and may increase its power a little with a Hobbywing 5,200 Kv kit.

Been looking at the Penguin 7500 and 7500s kits, as well as the X-Ray kits (both the regular Pro kit, and the Pro Lipo kit).

Having a hard time deciding which kit to go with, as all of them seem to have their pros and cons.

Is one of these kits significantly better than the others? I have found info on both online, but nothing directly comparing them.

Thanks!

nice find . I had the m18 in its first year with the tekin rage system with a 7800kv it was a wild squirrel with rabies but fun had the pro kit from xray.raced a micro road series on Calandra green with foams

nice find . I had the m18 in its first year with the tekin rage system with a 7800kv it was a wild squirrel with rabies but fun had the pro kit from xray.raced a micro road series on Calandra green with foams

Thanks for the reply. I was originally planning to make the thing ballistic and try to get as much speed out of it, but I can only imagine how hard it would be to control with how small it is.

Figured the 5,200 Kv motor would give plenty of pep that I can dial down if need be.

Welcome to the site. I used to drool at Xray mini nitro, and nitro and electric touring cars back in the day. I see potential in the m18 Nice find.

Well, quick update. Just found a brand new, never assembled, M18 Pro kit.

Think I'm going to do a Penguin conversion kit on the RTR and see how it compares to the Pro kit.

Back