NEW Traxxas Revo 3.3 Slipper Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derramax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. Fist time posting. I picked up my first nitro truck this week, a Revo 3.3. I was following the break in procedures and made it to tank #4 when I ran into problems. The truck would rev but not move. Inspecting the truck I noticed that the top slipper pad is totally gone like it had fell out or broke apart. The other 2 are still there. I'm not sure what happened and I ordered replacement parts. Could it be that it came with a defective pad or possible it was set to loose out of the box? I'm new to the whole nitro scene and don't really have much experience as of yet to lean on.

Appreciate any help.

Last edited:
yes slipper could have been defective. always go over every nut bolt fastener in any rtr

Hello. Fist time posting. I picked up my first nitro truck this week, a Revo 3.3. I was following the break in procedures and made it to tank #4 when I ran into problems. The truck would rev but not move. Inspecting the truck I noticed that the top slipper pad is totally gone like it had fell out or broke apart. The other 2 are still there. I'm not sure what happened and I ordered replacement parts. Could it be that it came with a defective pad or possible it was set to loose out of the box? I'm new to the whole nitro scene and don't really have much experience as of yet to lean on.

Appreciate any help.
Welcome to the mad house of RC.

With the nitro cars/trucks. There's alot more vibration then in a electric vehicle. The slipper pad could have not got a good seat at factory. Defective maybe. You Could call/email traxxas they might send new one to you. If still under warranty time period. But at this time get some blue 242 thread locker. And put it on all screws going into METAL ONLY. NOT IN PLASTIC. While you are waiting for your new parts. Or you might start losing screws and more
broken/damaged parts And it will give you a chance to learn more about your truck. RTRs are a get option. But they are made in bulk numbers and not the greatest quality control. New RTR from factory or a used RC always go over it top to bottom. And every screw/nut to make sure all is well before you drive and have fun.

Seems to be a common issue. I just replaced my slipper pads with the upgraded aluminum pads. Hopefully last time I have to change.

Seems to be a common issue. I just replaced my slipper pads with the upgraded aluminum pads. Hopefully last time I have to change.
Not that common unless you don't take care and maintain the slipper and adjust properly. They do wear out over time. But I have never had a slipper problem or have one just break a pad off.sorry that happen. Just make sure that you do mantiance on the truck and keep a eye on the slipper and it won't happen again bud👍👍

Back