new to this rs4 rtr3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nraines1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was given this hpi rtr3 rs4 for free from a friend it hasn't been ran in like 5 or 6 years it needs a filter and housing new lines and remote and maybe a clutch. Should I put money into it to get it running running. It looks like most stuff is discontinued is that true? Or could what I have right now be worth something

If it is the shaft driven rtr3 there are plenty of parts still readily available for it. Most of the newer model RS4 3 parts are identical or interchangeable. As far as what its worth depends on the condition and whats missing. I have seen nice complete cars sell in the $100 range. Cars missing parts and not running will not sell for that much.

It is shaft driven how do I find out what all is interchangeable?

Most if not all the parts from the RS4 3 Evo should be, the drift version is quite different though. What parts does yours need?

It needs a clutch air filter housing and air filter remote one front drive axle and I think that's it

You can go to HPIs website, they have exploded views of each model, and part numbers. The air filter should be replaced from the stock version anyway with a better air filter assembly for a small block, something like a motor saver. The remote needs to be matched with the receiver, if yu are using the stock old rtr receiver it was a 27mhz am radio, so you might want to consider upgrading to a better radio and receiver anyway. Te clutch is more engine specific than model specific, when I was running the stock 15 fe, I replaced my stock clutch wih an mip clutch. The rtr three used dog bones, those should still be easy to find, or you can upgrade those to CVDs.

Back