New to scalers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmaxx/savvy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm new to scalers. I have an ole clod buster with a broken frame I'm wantin to use the body for a 1.9 scaler.

Here's what I'm gonna use
Trail finder 2 chassis
Heavy duty lift leaf springs
K44 axles
RC4wd R2 trans with dig
RC4wd 6 lug chrome wagon wheels
RC4wd Mud Thrashers
Bull dog 9300xt winch black
Gelande front winch bumper
Tough armor rear bumper
Proline toolbox

I'm not sure sure about the motor/esc servos radio receiver battery or driveshafts
Any ideas?
Thanks for lookin

---------- Post added at 5:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:32 AM ----------

I'm thinking about the RC4wd xr4 4 channel 2.4Ghz radio receiver

I'm using a Dynamite Fuze 5800kV brushless set up and a Spektrum 300 3-channel RX in my SCX-10 Scaler. I'm also using a HiTec HS-5955TG servo for steering. RC4WD recommends their Punisher drive shafts for that axle and trans.

I'm using a Dynamite Fuze 5800kV brushless set up and a Spektrum 300 3-channel RX in my SCX-10 Scaler. I'm also using a HiTec HS-5955TG servo for steering. RC4WD recommends their Punisher drive shafts for that axle and trans.

Thanks ill look into it.

I use the XR4 radio for my rigs and while it is serviceable there aren't really many options for adjustability. IMO I would go with a decent Futaba or Spektrum system. As far as electronics I still run brushed setups in most my crawlers but would probably look into the SV3 from Castle. The adjustability will allow you to run it in a go slow or go fast rig and run brushed and brushless

If you want to go cheaper on the radio, the GT3b from Flysky is an excellent radio choice and rx's are VERY cheap.

I use the XR4 radio for my rigs and while it is serviceable there aren't really many options for adjustability. IMO I would go with a decent Futaba or Spektrum system. As far as electronics I still run brushed setups in most my crawlers but would probably look into the SV3 from Castle. The adjustability will allow you to run it in a go slow or go fast rig and run brushed and brushless

I've been lookin around all day. I have a nice JR remote and receiver that I might use. I have an old XL-5 motor and esc that I might use for now. It's goin to be pullin a trailer and some trails.

I'm also want to put headlights and taillights on it plus this https://store.rc4wd.com/Tough-Armor-Series-Light-Bar-Mount-Ver-1_p_2639.html
What would be good lights for it

You might try this kit. It's similar to the one that I use

https://store.rc4wd.com/Scale-Lighting-System-Ver-2_p_2364.html

Here's my SCX-10/JK lit up:

20130305_212355_zps98d1c81a.jpg

20130305_212417_zps71ae0f1f.jpg

20130305_212430_zps057e34ea.jpg

I think they're an older Proline product. I think it was replaced by their newer HID style. It's been a while since I bought them.

I've been lookin around all day. I have a nice JR remote and receiver that I might use. I have an old XL-5 motor and esc that I might use for now. It's goin to be pullin a trailer and some trails.

I'm also want to put headlights and taillights on it plus this https://store.rc4wd.com/Tough-Armor-Series-Light-Bar-Mount-Ver-1_p_2639.html
What would be good lights for it

The RC4WD light system is pretty good from what I've seen (I make my own with 2 AA power supply). JR isn't what it used to be but still serviceable. IMO the XL5 isn't a good choice as it offers no drag brake to speak of. If you invest used the Novak Rooster offers drag brake settings and you can run 2S on it as well. I have 3 separate Rooster systems and none of em have let me down yet. If you look around you can go used for about $30-$40

I think they're an older Proline product. I think it was replaced by their newer HID style. It's been a while since I bought them.

I've been tryin to find some but can't

---------- Post added at 6:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:31 AM ----------

The RC4WD light system is pretty good from what I've seen (I make my own with 2 AA power supply). JR isn't what it used to be but still serviceable. IMO the XL5 isn't a good choice as it offers no drag brake to speak of. If you invest used the Novak Rooster offers drag brake settings and you can run 2S on it as well. I have 3 separate Rooster systems and none of em have let me down yet. If you look around you can go used for about $30-$40

My JR is an ole one ill give you ASAP and y'all can give me tips from there.