New to scale rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've been on the forum for quite a while now but i am new to scale rc. I picked up a rtr honcho about a month ago and I'm totally hooked!!! I love this thing. So far I've put in axial steering link upgrade and axial servo horn. And today i made my own steel bodied shocks.
vunynujy.jpg
8u2uqeru.jpg
6unedu3u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. Glad you like scale rc-ing!

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

be3u9ype.jpg
are4asen.jpg
abaje8ar.jpg
heres the new steel shocks installed. Look pretty good imo. No difference in length just more heavy duty and better looking than stock.

Half the fun of scalers is being able to customize them more than our other rigs. Looks good.

Thanks! Ya so much fun to work on these trucks. Customizing it to my own taste is and will be a great part of owning one.

Looks good, what LED light setup are you using?

Its the LEDs that came stock on the truck. I plan to get a light bar down the road.

---------- Post added at 6:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:36 PM ----------

This honcho was a gift from my wife for our tenth anniversary so i ended spending around $400 i think. So upgrades and custom work will come slowly until i have some better rc cash flow.

Couple more pics (as though you guys have never seen a near stock honcho before!! Lol)
uqavy6y4.jpg
zyzegunu.jpg
ubedaqyb.jpg
e8y2y3yq.jpg
e6epyzer.jpg

And the last one is pillow crawling in the basement cus the weather outside sucks and the kids were in bed.

Having a hard time deciding what to upgrade next. Get a link kit to do the rest of the links on the truck or MIP shafts. I've noticed that both seem weak and could use some strengthening in those areas. Links with traxxas ball ends are going to be around $85 and the mip's are only around $55

The new honcho that i picked up comes with the WB8 driveshafts already. I'm leaning toward the Mip shafts cus they are half the cost of upgrading the links and they are bombproof.

Anyone know what is the difference between Mip driveshaft part number 8101 and 10145. One is made for the scorpion and one is made for the scx10 models. Both are the same dimensions but the 8101 are cheaper.

So I've got the axial link kit on order (10550 12.3"). I figured that between the driveshafts or the links the links are...well... the weakest link. They have WAY to much flex and play where the ball ends fit in so off they go! To replace the wb8 plastic shafts is only $9 so thats an easy and cheap fix.

Got the aluminum links installed. Very nice set for sure. One thing i did notice is that the front upper lengths pushed the servo horn into the cross brace that the battery tray mounts to. I solved this by shortening the upper links with different rod ends from the kit and dremelling the brace. Otherwise a great upgrade.
ezugu5ab.jpg
e6aqedeq.jpg
sapuqysa.jpg
5e5uzena.jpg
ynavudy5.jpg
3ybabepa.jpg
junenu9y.jpg

Back