new to RC's and esp nitros

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonicwolf

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey all new to nitros and rc's been reading everything i can on these things i had a buddy whom conveniently is selling 6 nitros total for 500$ and only 1 is actually been used alot and 1 wrecked alot. with spare parts.

but all have trouble running I've seen sealing the engine works helps running and i just curious if they have been sitting for a while so should i maybe look into buying new glow plugs and was wondering if theirs a explanation on glow plugs an how they work and the sizes and everything.

i know glow plugs from diesel trucks but rc's i see short, tall and turbo and just curious about everything so when i get these i can kinda hit the ground sprinting. :\

what kind of nitro's does he have for sale?

1 heavy used traxxas jato last time ran just fine no problems
2 nitro4tecs 1 is a parts only car and the other has been wrecked but rear end replaced.
1 bucket full of parts from 2 various other trucks but not sure what make they are etc.
1 losi aftershock but it has only really had 1 tank of fuel through it and has a hard time running
1 barricuda from losi i have found no information on this so i dont know what it is i havent seen it yet.

all come with tools and starters and controllers etc he even still has the boxs for each one.

Last edited:
I'd pass on the 4Tecs and the Jato for a person just starting out.

The Losi might be a better idea for a starter vehicle. With just 1 tank through it, it isn't fully broken in and will have a hard time running/starting.

mind me asking why on the 4tecs are they hard to keep running or just because theyre really fast?

the losi is for sure mine and he and i have agreed upon that but he wants to sell everything as a whole. thought about selling the 4tecs and just keeping the jato untill I'm more experienced.

Dude, buy new when dealing in Nitro.. Just my opinion.. Unless you know the guy really good and you know for a fact he's good with Nitro.

My choice would be the Afteshock..

If you can get them all for 500 and two of them run I think you're in good shape. If they all run even better. The jato and 4 tec are extremely fast for an inexperienced driver. If you've never had an Rc you need to learn how to drive one and be able to steer it without thinking about it. Applies more to coming toward you than away from you. It sounds like a decent deal to me

any sources for say an explanation of how the glow plugs work and which does how and what some of them mean?

I know there has been a thread on here about glow plugs somewhere let me see if I can find and post it.

All about glow plugs

All those together for $600 sounds like a decent deal if they arent too bad of shape. Nitro's are not cheap but used nitros can be a headache and costly. Just be aware they also cost much more than electric in the the long run, plugs, and fuel can hurt the wallet. They are wayyyy more fun than electric tho, I have nothing but nitros, it's well worth it if you can afford it.

Back